New live rock

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a nice army! Hopefully you can nuke them or scrape them off and toss em.
Just waiting for the peppermint shrimp lol they cleared the front of the display which is good but left the back and I’m cool for now as long as they stay back there

OP
OP
C

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just waiting for the peppermint shrimp lol they cleared the front of the display which is good but left the back and I’m cool for now as long as they stay back there
My peppermint lives in a hole on the right side of my tank and is scared to venture very far. I think I need one for the left side of the tank. Lol maybe you need one for the back side.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My peppermint lives in a hole on the right side of my tank and is scared to venture very far. I think I need one for the left side of the tank. Lol maybe you need one for the back side.
Ima get a couple more and pray lol this guy also came from the gulf rock , and I had mine shipped dry no rush 3 days no idea how everything was still alive lol

Attachments

• DDE96DC1-E839-4B77-B66C-4C7BF886E404.jpeg
    DDE96DC1-E839-4B77-B66C-4C7BF886E404.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 60
OP
OP
C

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ima get a couple more and pray lol this guy also came from the gulf rock , and I had mine shipped dry no rush 3 days no idea how everything was still alive lol
We had ours picked up at the airport. So it didn't have the 3 days. I was quite amazed at the rock though. There may be one of those mantis in the rest of the rock I took more smaller pieces.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is wild gulf rock, if it’s aptasia, last I knew gulf Aiptasia don’t spread like pacific Aiptasia. That said, both could potentially be baby Curley Que anemones

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had ours picked up at the airport. So it didn't have the 3 days. I was quite amazed at the rock though. There may be one of those mantis in the rest of the rock I took more smaller pieces.
I only bought 10 lbs so it wasn’t too much ,
I think the mantis was an egg or something because I didn’t start hearing the clicking until 2-3 months later

OP
OP
C

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So went looking in the tank at night again. Really need to stop doing this. There are some weird tentacle like things on some of the live rock. The best one to take a pic of is on the backside of my tank so I tried my best to get a pic of it. Its real thin stringy clear tentacles.

20220205_020115.jpg

This is a new one for me. Doesn't look like any of the nems/aiptasia so I'm kinda lost.

OP
OP
C

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya its good. Particulate filter feeder.
D
Whew.... I'm just gonna stop looking at my tank at night. I saw a truck load of bristle worms a few mins ago hoping none were fireworks not worried about the regular bristles. I shall go to bed and stop peeking at my tank. My Dad always said nothing good happens after midnight!

Kmst80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whew.... I'm just gonna stop looking at my tank at night. I saw a truck load of bristle worms a few mins ago hoping none were fireworks not worried about the regular bristles. I shall go to bed and stop peeking at my tank. My Dad always said nothing good happens after midnight!
You'd be surprised what else will turn up. I found new stuff on my live rock after 2 month not noticing. Amazing coz it would have been out of the water multiple times. Here a little list of some of the critters I inherited:

3 rock boring urchins, 2 pincushion urchins , Mithrax Crab( it's gone now coz it ate my urchins ), pistol shrimp, cucumber, brittle stars, bristle worms, spaghetti worms, other smaller crabs, million feather dusters , galaxy coral, zoas, other corals I don't know, sponges and the list goes on.
Btw I was glued to the tank at night with a torch too, still do it some times.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Eagle_Steve is the go to for Florida ‘pest’ anemone ID’s,
That looks like a tiny light bulb anemone. But hard to really tell when I zoom in. I see almost bubbles with a thin tip at the end.

If it is, they are not as bad as aptasia or majano, but can reproduce a little faster than a bta, for example.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back