New long spine sea urchin don’t have mouth

dkolp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, i just bougt my first long spine sea urchin and when it climped on to the glass i saw that it looks like that i does not have any mouth and where the mouth shoud have been, there are just a hole to the inside of the urchin, what shold i do?
280BF389-D9D9-4102-B938-B3D303A7D6E8.jpeg

It’s still moving around but have dropped one spine in 12 hour.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poor little guy. I don't know anything about urchins and I'm sure more experts will chime in but that looks bad. You should contact the place you bought him from. If there is no chance that will heal (and I would be surprised if it does) then you deserve a refund or credit.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I assume this urchin has since died? As that's a hole into its body, revealing its organs, instead of its mouth.

Did you ever get any information about what might have happened? My only guess is maybe something like a triggerfish chomped part of its shell out.

OP
OP
D

dkolp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume this urchin has since died? As that's a hole into its body, revealing its organs, instead of its mouth.

Did you ever get any information about what might have happened? My only guess is maybe something like a triggerfish chomped part of its shell out.
Yeah it died pretty quick, but i got my money back from my lfs. But he did’nt knew what had happened to it :)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back