0   0   0
Welcome r2r.png

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I’ve always been happiest underwater and have been lucky enough to live in Hawaii, where free diving and snorkeling was my absolute favorite thing to do. I’m solidly land-locked now. I’ve owned a planted freshwater tank before with a bunch of shrimp and small snails and a happy little pea puffer. I’ve always wanted a saltwater aquarium but I was in the army so I moved every few years… not conducive to the hobby! I’m out now and finally getting more permanently settled, so I’m here to learn as much as I can before I begin my first build. I’ve been watching the BRS 52 weeks of reefing and already finished their 5 minute guide series, and I’ve also been reading up on the triton method. I think my dream tank is a clown harem and anemone tank, so I’ve been doing a lot of reading on those as well. I know anemones in particular are not an easy animal to be successful with, so I’m really trying to learn as much as I can before I start anything. Grateful that there’s a community like this to learn from and with!
Here’s a pic of my tiny freshwater pea:
19203330-EFA5-4F00-A3E7-C8481C8D6862.jpeg

Welcome! Glad you joined. WOW how wonderful you had such experiences to hold you over now that you are 'land locked' (don't forget - solvable by travel - just takes more planning now)

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I’ve always been happiest underwater and have been lucky enough to live in Hawaii, where free diving and snorkeling was my absolute favorite thing to do. I’m solidly land-locked now. I’ve owned a planted freshwater tank before with a bunch of shrimp and small snails and a happy little pea puffer. I’ve always wanted a saltwater aquarium but I was in the army so I moved every few years… not conducive to the hobby! I’m out now and finally getting more permanently settled, so I’m here to learn as much as I can before I begin my first build. I’ve been watching the BRS 52 weeks of reefing and already finished their 5 minute guide series, and I’ve also been reading up on the triton method. I think my dream tank is a clown harem and anemone tank, so I’ve been doing a lot of reading on those as well. I know anemones in particular are not an easy animal to be successful with, so I’m really trying to learn as much as I can before I start anything. Grateful that there’s a community like this to learn from and with!
Here’s a pic of my tiny freshwater pea:
19203330-EFA5-4F00-A3E7-C8481C8D6862.jpeg
and thank you for your service!

Back