New lyretail anthias - half of them faded?

alex277

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently had 6 lyretail anthias shipped to me, they’ve been in the tank for a few days now. When I received them about half of them were a really rich orange color that you would expect, and half of them were a fairly faded orange color. This is still the case now, as seen in the picture attached, there is a pretty big color difference. I haven’t witnessed any aggression so far, and it seems all of them have taken to the mysis I’ve fed, 3 times per day. The faded ones a little bit skinnier, but seem to be eating, so I think they will put on some size. As far as I can tell they are all doing well and seem to be thriving. Is this normal for these guys to be faded? Is it from stress from shipping? If so would they still be a few days later? Will they color up as they eat more? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

9A3D1829-278D-47CB-9C2C-A8437936BC42.jpeg

OP
OP
A

alex277

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just for my understanding, you do know you have 2 different species of anthias ?
I’m not 100% but I don’t feel like these are different. I’ve seen different regional variants of lyretails and the females all look roughly the same, the males look different though. Certainly not this big of a color change for females though

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 82 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back