New Maxi Jet Pros don't fit Kalk Reactors

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

atlfishes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of your Kalk reactors that uses the Maxi Jet 600 and my pump broke. I ordered a new pump, but the pro versions won't fit.

Any suggestions on what to do?

geo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear you are having issues. Could you please send some pictures of your reactor with the old Maxijet on and off the unit to [email protected]

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't have any problems changing out to the newer MJ600 but the seals are so loose and bad on these pumps that it starts to leak after a month or so especially if you don't keep your output line clean and slight pressure builds up within the reactor.
There's got to be a better power head out there we can use, no?

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What brand maxijet are you guys buying? The cobalt seem to be the best. I believe they are the only ones made by the original manufacturer.

geo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't have any problems changing out to the newer MJ600 but the seals are so loose and bad on these pumps that it starts to leak after a month or so especially if you don't keep your output line clean and slight pressure builds up within the reactor.
There's got to be a better power head out there we can use, no?
kschweer is correct, the Cobalts and Marineland Maxijets are two different pumps. We have always used COBALT pumps on the Kalk reactors unless you purchased it used. Make sure to replace with Cobalt brand.

Back