New Media Center - Create Albums, Edit Photos, etc..

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback / Help' started by revhtree, Jul 10, 2017.

1. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Hello R2R Family!

FIRST LET ME SAY THAT ALL YOUR PHOTOBUCKET PHOTOS POSTED HERE ARE SAFE AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO REPOST THEM IN YOUR THREADS!

Now for more good news.

We have just added a new Media Center for your convenience! Since Photobucket decided to start charging users to hotlink photos I thought it was a good time to give you more options!

The MEDIA button is located in the top navigation area of the forum.

This is new and we are still sorting through the options but for now you can do the following:

1. Add Media - Create Albums and add Photos and Embedded Video to existing albums (uploading videos coming soon hopefully)
    2. View Other Media - Media can be set to private or public
    3. Share Media - Download, Share Links, Hotlink, etc.
    4. Edit Media - Crop, Rotate, Flip and Tag Media
    5. Rate, Like, and Comment
    6. Search Media and Follow Albums and Categories
    7. View EXIF Dataif provided

And more to come.....

I would like for yu to try it out by creating your own album here: https://www.reef2reef.com/media/add

Let's use this thread to discuss image sizes, upload issues, etc. Anything you run into that you would like to comment about or have us look at.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    Tags:

2. Anirban

Anirban Valuable Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Great job David.....:)
    Thanks a lot for doing this.

3. Ramasule

Ramasule Valuable Member

Thanks Reef2Reef,

I look forward to your next Supporter Drive :O

kireek, revhtree and GoVols like this.
  4. mdbannister

mdbannister Ahh...the Reef Life Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award SCMAS Member Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

5. Maacc

Maacc Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Thanks David. Is there any way to create sub-albums for organization?

kireek, revhtree and GoVols like this.
  6. ReeferMaddness843

ReeferMaddness843 Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Really cool way to create photo/video galleries. Nice work! Added a tester photo from my tank to the LPS category. Quick and painless.

kireek and revhtree like this.
  7. luke33

luke33 Valuable Member R2R Supporter

Good deal. So can you add the image into your build thread from the media? Pretty disappointed in photobucket, it literally wiped out build threads from 10+ yrs ago. Such a shame.......greed.

8. Brogratz

Brogratz Active Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Thanks for doing this!

9. pdiehm

pdiehm Valuable Member Build Thread Contributor

would be awesome if you could upload images in replies, similar to how you do it in tapatalk. Maybe you can, and my computer idiocy is coming out again.

kireek likes this.
  10. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Sure what do you have in mind?

11. revhtree

Not sure what you mean? You can upload images in replies now. What device are you talking about? Desktop?

12. pdiehm

pdiehm Valuable Member Build Thread Contributor

Yes. As far as I know (and take this with a grain of salt, because I'm much much better on a baseball diamond and dugout coaching teams than I am with computers), you can upload an image, ONLY if you have the web address. Will this Media album essentially replace photobucket and provide the address?

Just seems simpler to be able to attach a file, pick your image and upload.

But that's my non-computer smart opinion. Again take it with a grain of salt :)

13. tdunmore2

tdunmore2 Active Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Excellent, Thanks!

14. Maacc

Maacc Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

I was just thinking something along the lines of a sub directory or something similar. Something like:
    Maacc's Album
    JBJ 45
    Fish Pictures
    Coral Macros
    FTS
    RS 180
    Fish Pictures
    Coral Macros
    FTS
    Plumbing and equipment

That sort of idea to keep the photos organized for linking /sharing and viewing.

15. revhtree

We have always had two ways to add images to posts. One was the way you described by using a third party like Photobucket. The other was a direct upload to your post.

Here is a link that will show you how to easily upload photos straight to the forum!

http://www.reef2reef.com/threads/ad...d-photos-as-a-new-thread-or-in-a-post.205640/

16. revhtree

You can upload an image as usual or you can use links from your albums in the new media center just like if you were using photobucket.

aquavista99 and luke33 like this.
  17. pelphrey

pelphrey Valuable Member R2R Supporter Showcase Editor Build Thread Contributor

This is AWESOME!!!! Photobucket really hurt a lot of content, my thread is still working here for now.

18. revhtree

You can create all those albums yourself. But not sure about arranging them in subs just yet! Will check in to it!

19. revhtree

All photos here are safe. We have a copy of all photos here no matter where they are hosted. All PB photos are safe for good! :)

Breadman03, kireek, pelphrey and 3 others like this.
  20. Robin Haselden

Robin Haselden Turtle R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Can't figure out how to upload picture from mobile website. Only options I have is "Choose File" and "Close." Once I choose a picture to upload I don't see where I can actually confirm or upload. Close just returns me to the "Add Media" page. Nothing works on the mobile app so I won't hold my breath for that.

Draft saved Draft deleted