New member and rookie salty

JNoyes1026

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I still feel very new to the saltwater game. I have had a Fluval EVO 13.5 running for over a year and went through some major challenges ie. Green hair algae, diatoms, Cyanobacteria, and now red fuzzy algae. I have tried a few corals but no great success. But just got a Fluval flex salt 32.5 gal that someone needed gone cause they were moving. Got a screaming great deal came with power heads, live rock, substrate, mushrooms, devils hand coral, rainbow bubble tip anemone, sally light foot crab, 2 Talbot damsels, and a lawnmower blenny. Anyways looking forward to turning the flex into a mixed reef and the EVO into a QT tank

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
splash.gif

Welcome to the family! Nice looking tank.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Be sure to ask a lot of questions and definitely touch base if you see any of those uglies creeping back in the new system. We can make sure this new one is a success!

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the best possible platform on the web to get answers and meet people within this saltwater keeping hobby! No doubt a place where you can get lost in all kinds of different and insightful information!

Another great place to snag info about this hobby we all love is YouTube! I have a channel going that is basically just my journey in reefing! May have some helpful tips and tricks for ya! Let me know if you get a chance to check it out! Again, welcome to R2R!!

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I still feel very new to the saltwater game. I have had a Fluval EVO 13.5 running for over a year and went through some major challenges ie. Green hair algae, diatoms, Cyanobacteria, and now red fuzzy algae. I have tried a few corals but no great success. But just got a Fluval flex salt 32.5 gal that someone needed gone cause they were moving. Got a screaming great deal came with power heads, live rock, substrate, mushrooms, devils hand coral, rainbow bubble tip anemone, sally light foot crab, 2 Talbot damsels, and a lawnmower blenny. Anyways looking forward to turning the flex into a mixed reef and the EVO into a QT tank
Hello and welcome to the channel.

OP
OP
JNoyes1026

JNoyes1026

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well update for any interested. Anemone has done almost a full lap of the tank looked sad for a while until it parked but seems really happy now. Today it decided to go on the move again. Also added some frags and everything seems good there. Also learned the importance of a qt I added a fish that I found out too late that it had ick. Lost that fish and one of my damsels. So now I will have a barren tank for 40-50 days. 827D51E5-4322-43F0-936F-6EE7FCBDAC09.jpeg 7441674A-889D-4E0C-90E5-F3147E9511D9.jpeg

OP
OP
JNoyes1026

JNoyes1026

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some friendly advice. I have searched forums and looking for some advice on what Salinity tester I should buy but I see lots of people talking about the accuracy of different ones and I am looking for reliable results. Currently I just have the instant ocean float arrow style that I know can be inaccurate due to tons of variables.

Let me know what you recommend

Thank you in advance

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back