New member from Auckland NZ

Steviegee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. Thanks for the add. I am building a RSR xl425 and will post some photos soon.
I am not a first time reefer but its been a while. Still fall into the usual traps but am trying to do it right this time with top end gear etc etc.
While Covid is not an issue here in NZ its still tough getting equipment deliveries especially when sources from the US or UK but patience is a virtue I am told.
Will keep you updated.
Steve

Bryn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R... Welcome NZ, I remember reading once, the safest place for a Zombie Apocalypse or Nuclear war was NZ. You seem to be proving that correct with this Covid thing.

giphy.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. Thanks for the add. I am building a RSR xl425 and will post some photos soon.
I am not a first time reefer but its been a while. Still fall into the usual traps but am trying to do it right this time with top end gear etc etc.
While Covid is not an issue here in NZ its still tough getting equipment deliveries especially when sources from the US or UK but patience is a virtue I am told.
Will keep you updated.
Steve
Welcome steviegee
Right choice with the top end gear.
Let us know your choices.

OP
OP
S

Steviegee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome steviegee
Right choice with the top end gear.
Let us know your choices.
Well I went for the Red Sea tank as we don't have much in the way of choice in NZ although looking back I should have gone custom. (Next time I will). We now can get Waterbox tanks.
RSR 600 skimmer which I love, Full Apex system with apex powerhead and Cor15 pump. Aquatic life hybrid light fixture with two Kessil A360Xs and 4 tubes. Using the Aquaforest system. Also have a power conditioner. battery back up which has come in useful a couple of times as well as a small back up generator which is unused as yet.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I went for the Red Sea tank as we don't have much in the way of choice in NZ although looking back I should have gone custom. (Next time I will). We now can get Waterbox tanks.
RSR 600 skimmer which I love, Full Apex system with apex powerhead and Cor15 pump. Aquatic life hybrid light fixture with two Kessil A360Xs and 4 tubes. Using the Aquaforest system. Also have a power conditioner. battery back up which has come in useful a couple of times as well as a small back up generator which is unused as yet.
Super.
The apex is an awesome monitor and controller.
Feed modes.
Temperature control.
Turn the key, add fish and corals.

Difrano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, I lived in NZ for a year in 2010 and 6 months in 2012, and loved it so much. The memories of the beautiful country and the most friendly people in the world are always on top of my mind. Please keep us posted!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back