New Member here (marine artist and reef lover)

Jassar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I'm new here (not really.. been reading the forums and following R2R on social media for a long time now). I'm an artist who decided to use his art to communicate the beauty of our aquatic life with everyone. I might fail or succeed at this, only time would tell :). Keep reading if you're interested in my story (I promise to post pictures as well, if it's allowed by the mods).

DSC_9280 small.jpg

- Me, diving deep in my painting "living Reef".

To Reef or not to Reef?

In terms of Aquarium experience, admittedly, I've only kept fresh water ones throughout my life, for planted "Nature Aquariums" can be as fascinating and beautiful as reef tanks but much cheaper to setup and maintain. Don't get me wrong; someday I will muster the courage and pull the trigger to setup a SW tank (most likely starting off with a big FOWLR tank before slowly upgrading to reef.. or maybe sticking with the FOWLR. Who knows?). For now though, I can enjoy my made-up underwater oceanic and reef worlds!

88268564_10156764854226932_8157299461077336064_o.jpg

- Looking at my 75G planted aquarium a few years back.

Art and Aquatic life

Even though my fascination with aquariums and coral reefs started at a very young age, I never really was an "aquatic painter". I mainly focused on fantasy illustrations and landscapes. But that all changed in early 2019 when I painted my first aquatic scene of Angel fish in murky Amazonian waters. You can say I was hooked and the question just hit me "why don't you paint more aquatic scenes that you love and allow others to enjoy them?". So I did :)

Angels-1000.jpg

- My first aquatic painting "Angels in Murky Amazonia". oil on canvas.

After this, paintings started to pop up and there's no plan to stop anytime soon.
In the near future, once I settle in my own house and build my dream tank, this forum will see a lot of questions from me :) the community here is absolutely delightful.

Following are some images for your enjoyment, please let me know how you like them as reefers, and of course many are available for purchase (but I won't post any links out of respect to management). Thank you so much for taking the time and read my brain vomit of an intro :)
-AJ

A Clown's World-1500.jpg

- A Clown's World, oil on canvas.

Great White - small.jpg

- Great White, oil on canvas

Yellow Belly-1200.jpg

- Yellow Belly, oil on canvas

DSC_9901-small.jpg

- Koi Pond, oil on canvas.

Shark Attack-small.jpg

- Shark Attack, oil on canvas

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So beautiful!!! That koi.... wow, stunning. I have only words of gratitude. Thank you for sharing your art and your experience. You will be able to offer them for sale in the marketplace once you meet the requirements. I don't recall if it was 30 days or 30 messages or some combination therein. (long day, brain on the fritz... I'm sure someone will correct me)
Welcome to the fishy family!!

Reefer of Oz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yo yo Jassar.....Welcome!
You certainly have talent as an artist. Congratulations sir! Your work is wonderful. You manage to capture the vastness and wonderment of the ocean that draws us to this craft. Reef keeping and design as huge visual elements which you will clearly embrace. Hopefully spending time amongst this dynamic community will instill some confidence to make that salty plunge!
I’m certain there will be a market for your work here as well as a hope for your input and contribution to this amazing craft!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back