New Member in Colorado - Just Saying Hi

cyan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
New member here in Parker, CO. I've always loved fan of fish/aquariums, but haven't owned one in many years (and never did saltwater). I am the type to research for ages and get everything right the first time, so probably several months away from buying gear.

My tentative plan is a 170-190gal mixed reef tank with ~40gal sump, going in my home office. Not sure if I'll buy a complete unit (Waterbox 220.6, RedSea 3XL900, etc) or build most of the setup myself. I plan to setup RODI and two large storage tanks in the basement underneath the office to make water for the ATO system and setup an AWC system with a Neptune DOS. When I finished my basement last year this is the one area I left unfinished so I have easy access to tap into the water supply lines and plumbing drains to hopefully automate almost all of my water movement needs. Hauling 20 gallons of water a week is the one thing that has always kept me from this hobby in the past.

Given the amount of cost and planning that is needed to get this right the first time I'll consider it a success if I have the tank up and running within a year, but will certainly be lurking around here reading and saving information as I go. Looking forward to spending more time here!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! Congratulations on the adventure!

Clownfish.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
New member here in Parker, CO. I've always loved fan of fish/aquariums, but haven't owned one in many years (and never did saltwater). I am the type to research for ages and get everything right the first time, so probably several months away from buying gear.

My tentative plan is a 170-190gal mixed reef tank with ~40gal sump, going in my home office. Not sure if I'll buy a complete unit (Waterbox 220.6, RedSea 3XL900, etc) or build most of the setup myself. I plan to setup RODI and two large storage tanks in the basement underneath the office to make water for the ATO system and setup an AWC system with a Neptune DOS. When I finished my basement last year this is the one area I left unfinished so I have easy access to tap into the water supply lines and plumbing drains to hopefully automate almost all of my water movement needs. Hauling 20 gallons of water a week is the one thing that has always kept me from this hobby in the past.

Given the amount of cost and planning that is needed to get this right the first time I'll consider it a success if I have the tank up and running within a year, but will certainly be lurking around here reading and saving information as I go. Looking forward to spending more time here!
Welcome!

Looking forward to hearing more about your plans. You seem on the right track for everything making smart considerations and thoughtful plans. Glad you joined

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Welcome @cyan to the salty family!!
You are in the most exciting place in the hobby ... planning is when everything is possible! I think more people would stay in the hobby longer if they planned more in the beginning. Use us as a sounding board....
Excited Season 5 GIF by Parks and Recreation

Wasabiroot

FW Convert and now Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the salty side. As someone skeptical of the hype with many years of freshwater experience, I thought the reef obsession was overblown. Boy was I wrong... The sheer variety of corals alone is addictive.
Looking forward to watching your progress.

Back