New member, new aquarium.

LivingroomDiver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.

New member here. I am new to the salt water hobby and stumbled into this forum during my research. Looks like there is lot of great info and members on here. I am quite experienced in the fresh water side having kept big Cichlids aquarium with great success but will be my first try with salt water. It always seem too overwhelming and expensive to me but I was getting bored and in need of a new hobby and I am now financially able to afford it. So hopefully it will work out.

I have a Waterbox Marine X 100 on order. I also picked up a Varios 4 return pump. 2 AI prime HD lamp and 2 AI Nero 3 powerheads. Hopefully that gets started up in the right direction. I am however looking for suggestion for a protein skimmer that will work great for that set-up. I have done some research and some infos are a bit conflicting. Plus, I am not sure were my tank will be on bioload (low, med, heavy). I was thinking the reef octopus 150 or 200. And i was also wondering if DC is a good advantage there as well? I am also open to suggestion on other equipment I should get to start. I don't want to go crazy to begin but plan to add up to the set up as I grow in the hobby. I have a while to wait for the tank to get here so might as well buy some gear to get ready.

Cheers

LivingroomDiver

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of corals do you plan on keeping? Any idea on how many or what kinds of fish you plan to keep? I personally have a NYOS skimmer and I love it compared to skimz, reef octopus that I have had in the past. You can always go bigger and place the skimmer on a timer to decrease efficiency.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome33.gif

Back