New member, new to reefing

Akitchen93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello i have a reefer 250 that was a fresh water chilid tank for 2 yrs, then a fowler tank for a year and now im diving into reefing.
I havent had any problems with my salt water fish as a fowler tank. But now i just have a clow and a kole tang, several small hermit crabs, 2 cleaner, 1 fire, and 2 peppermint shrimps. 2 bta's
I got most of the stuff to automate the tank. I have an apex el, trident, dos. I have a rsk 600 skimmer but i posted a pic of the sumps and skimmer i got. When i have phosphate problems i use my gfo. I also have a fluval fx4 to help filter and add flow.
I havent set up my apex at all yet , could use help on finding a good thread on it. But i have redsea foundation a and b to use in my dos, the lfs said that mag should be easy to upkeep with h20 change. Looking forward to document the growth and changes on the tank.
Thanks for the read

20230117_213437.jpg 20230118_170440.jpg 20b.jpeg 20230117_213450.jpg

OP
OP
A

Akitchen93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question, the bta i got a week ago , disappeared for a week. I saw that was normal. But when i found it it was like a quater of the original size? Does it look like it split or did it shrivle up that much?

desperado915

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question, the bta i got a week ago , disappeared for a week. I saw that was normal. But when i found it it was like a quater of the original size? Does it look like it split or did it shrivle up that much?
How long has your tank been up? I ask because anemone's like certain lighting and water conditions. Hopefully one of the R2R super experts chimes in to assist.

OP
OP
A

Akitchen93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a fowler tank for over a year with no problems with bateria or cyano, it had the occasional algee when i over feed but it has been in control for 6+months with new protein skimmer and using carbon and gfo in a reactor . I switched to using redsea pro salt 4 months ago with a 5 gal water change every week. But i kept a much bigger (4or5 in) bta the whole time it has been a fowler.

desperado915

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a fowler tank for over a year with no problems with bateria or cyano, it had the occasional algee when i over feed but it has been in control for 6+months with new protein skimmer and using carbon and gfo in a reactor . I switched to using redsea pro salt 4 months ago with a 5 gal water change every week. But i kept a much bigger (4or5 in) bta the whole time it has been a fowler.
I would post a pic of it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back