OP
OP
Mary Carmen

Mary Carmen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could these zoas be purple people eaters???

IMG_0795.JPG

JustDewwit

One frag at a time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi JustDewwit,
I am running Chemipure, and purigen, and I also have turned the second chamber in a mini refugium with some chaeto growing with an extra light.

I’m currently running the same setup .I have the “Intank media basket” which really ensures a better filtration process.

OP
OP
Mary Carmen

Mary Carmen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes Indeed My tank is composed of mainly zoa's. I also have a frog spawn for movement. I have had my Biocube 32 since November. I have learned a lot quickly
20180407_193739.jpg
20180407_193710.jpg
20180408_190147.jpg
Frogspawn would be my next addition.
About the picture, I think I will try that and also turning off all the water flow. Maybe I can get a better picture if I try to take it from the top.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You are going to love your cube! Looks like you are off to a great start.

OP
OP
Mary Carmen

Mary Carmen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!
I think this is cyano. Can anyone confirm?
IMG_0810.JPG
IMG_0812.JPG

So, should I clean it up, or let it be? Will it go away on its own? This tank is a 29 biocube and just finished with the nitrogen cycle. I am going to test the water now and I will post the results in a couple of minutes.
Thank you for reading!
MC

paul barker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good they have so many names for zoas one store had a I liked and I find it some place else had a different name
20180419_153015.jpg

OP
OP
Mary Carmen

Mary Carmen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

This is a quick update on the 29g biocube. It is been running for 2 months. The rocks are turning green and there is less cyano because I am controlling the light.

IMG_0877.JPG

I am not sure if you can see the white dots on the glass but I was able to take a picture of one of them and it looks like hydroid jellyfish (I looked it up). This is the picture, let me know if I should be doing something about it. I am not sure how they got in the tank. Maybe via the cheato? by the way, the chaeto in the refugium is growing great. I am using red and blue growing lights for 12hours. All I did when I added the chaeto was by a bottle of pods and dump them over the chaeto and some on the DT.

IMG_0864.JPG

Am, ni, nitrates are all 0. I already bought an API reef master test kit. It is coming in the mail this weekend.
All fish and the CUC are doing great and the pistol shrimp has grown a lot. I don't get to see him often and I don't feed him so it is impressive to see him almost as big as the yellow watchman goby. What do you think is he eating? Are tiger pistol shrimp scavengers?
I added some Zoas last Sunday are doing well too. They are located in the middle of the tank and get mid-flow. There is one polyp growing on a fragment of rock that is hanging sideways. I am waiting for it to separate from the frag so I can place him somewhere else but not sure if it will happen. I am attaching a picture and please give some suggestions.

IMG_0878.JPG

To summarize I have two questions:
1. What are those white spots on my glass? should I just let them be?
2. What to do about the zoa hanging on the edge of that frag?
Thank you for reading,
MC

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back