New MP40 (MP40MQD) Can't Connect to WXM?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Charles4400

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 older mp40s currently connected to my WXM.

Just bought x2 new MP40s and they won't connect to the same wxm.

I hold 'mode+set' and get the red, white and blue lights but when I press 'set' (its supposed to turn blue and yellow to connect it doesn't it just turns solid green.

Does this on both new ones.

Anyone else have this problem?

OP
OP
Charles4400

Charles4400

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if they were manufacture after june, they will only work with the mobius platform.

Oh nooooo! Dang wish I would have known that before purchasing.
Thanks for the info!

Major bummer, I would have looked for the older model and was hoping I could just do an easy install and copy the programming I have for my existing 2. Argghhh!

Do you know if mobius can copy your existing programming off the apex or have to redo it all?

Hersheyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh nooooo! Dang wish I would have known that before purchasing.
Thanks for the info!

Major bummer, I would have looked for the older model and was hoping I could just do an easy install and copy the programming I have for my existing 2. Argghhh!

Do you know if mobius can copy your existing programming off the apex or have to redo it all?

no you can't copy the programming from apex to mobius... but programming on the apex is pretty simple.. just drag and drop.. I think.. you can downgrade from mobius to legacy. There's a video somewhere that shows you how... it's pretty simple and is done through the mobius app.

OP
OP
Charles4400

Charles4400

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no you can't copy the programming from apex to mobius... but programming on the apex is pretty simple.. just drag and drop.. I think.. you can downgrade from mobius to legacy. There's a video somewhere that shows you how... it's pretty simple and is done through the mobius app.
Awesome thanks will look into it!

Haven't done any programming but downloaded the mobius app to see if it picks up the old mp40s (picks up the new ones fine). It didn't pick up the old ones. I have a black wifi chip in them so I guess its not supported yet (I read they are supporting in batches). So guess will be stuck between two apps for now.

Thanks!

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thanks will look into it!

Haven't done any programming but downloaded the mobius app to see if it picks up the old mp40s (picks up the new ones fine). It didn't pick up the old ones. I have a black wifi chip in them so I guess its not supported yet (I read they are supporting in batches). So guess will be stuck between two apps for now.

Thanks!
There is a way to downgrade off of Mobius and back to ESL for the new pumps. I’m not sure how but I know it can be done as Ecotech themselves said so

NeptunePaul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is possible to rollback the the Vortech firmware to be compatible with the WXM. You can do that by following a video from Jay here:

ReefKeeperElite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is possible to rollback the the Vortech firmware to be compatible with the WXM. You can do that by following a video from Jay here:

This was my understanding. Not sure why it is not working for Charles, but if this does not work, I will not be moving forward with my MP40 purchase. I need all my pumps to integrate with the Apex.

OP
OP
Charles4400

Charles4400

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

AWESOME NEWS!!!
Thanks for that, looks simple to change back and update back to new if necessary! Terrific news I'm stoked now woohoo! Thanks Eco Tech!

This was my understanding. Not sure why it is not working for Charles, but if this does not work, I will not be moving forward with my MP40 purchase. I need all my pumps to integrate with the Apex.

I haven't tried the firmware downgrade yet but will definitely do so later today. So glad its an option as I also want my pumps integrated with apex.

OP
OP
Charles4400

Charles4400

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It worked!!! New mp40 working with wxm just like the old ones. Downgraded the firmware, connected to wxm and copied the programming to run parallel with my old mp40s and all running smooth!

Soooooooo glad that feature is there to downgrade the firmare...thats a solid from Eco-Tech!

ReefKeeperElite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It worked!!! New mp40 working with wxm just like the old ones. Downgraded the firmware, connected to wxm and copied the programming to run parallel with my old mp40s and all running smooth!

Soooooooo glad that feature is there to downgrade the firmare...thats a solid from Eco-Tech!

Thank you for following up! This is reassuring, I’ll continue with my MP40 purchase!

U

User1

View Badges

Probably time to look for other pumps that work with Apex then. Looks like more and more people are starting to close up their systems. Hurts the hobby and other businesses in my opinion.

U

User1

View Badges

Good to hear you have it worked out!

aznreef99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks a lot for the link. After some weeks of searching, I finally found the answer. Lol. Could not figure out why I was not able to connect my new MP40 to WXM. Now working perfectly

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 older mp40s currently connected to my WXM.

Just bought x2 new MP40s and they won't connect to the same wxm.

I hold 'mode+set' and get the red, white and blue lights but when I press 'set' (its supposed to turn blue and yellow to connect it doesn't it just turns solid green.

Does this on both new ones.

Anyone else have this problem?
You have to change them to WiFi.

Back