New mushroom

markbroda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone.

Just got a new green mushroom today, from my local fishstore and as i dripp acc the coral placed it i the tank it moves continously. More likely it wont open or just squeezes itself. Any idea?
IMG_20191202_211204_275.jpg

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, Mark Broda. I have no experience with mushrooms, so i'll let others comment. You might want to head over to the Meet & Greet forum to introduce yourself to gang. Be well.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. Great looking addition.

Like mentioned give it time. It will settle in. If it doesn’t settle in a spot you can place it in some sand and rubble. Sometimes it just needs a little help holding it in one area until it attaches.

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn't the mushroom attached to a rock or plug when you got it?
It should of been. Mushrooms aren't like anemones. They normally won't attach themself unless they are kept from moving. They have no control where the end up really.
You might have to take it out and use a piece of rubble or a plug in a container of water and let it attach to it.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wasn't the mushroom attached to a rock or plug when you got it?
It should of been. Mushrooms aren't like anemones. They normally won't attach themself unless they are kept from moving. They have no control where the end up really.
You might have to take it out and use a piece of rubble or a plug in a container of water and let it attach to it.
This is a good idea! Unfortunately nature is silly and some of mine actually move around a lot on their own lol. Silly mushrooms!

OP
OP
markbroda

markbroda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for the answer. It was attached to the rock as i bought it. It just seems not opening big and flat as it should. Its alive due to if a critter goes over it it closes more. It just wont open up fully. Well ill give it time. :) and let all you know.

And just another thing. I started to count the dorfins of my clowns and as far as i count its 7 for me . :D is it possible that the clowns are still young enough that the dorfins are not developed all the way? :)

Attached a nice pic so everyone can count. :)

Have a lovely day and keep reefing.

20191203184357.jpg 20191203_205821.jpg

OP
OP
markbroda

markbroda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers.

Previous updates with my mushroom, i think solved today. Read enough about my lighting and PAR and i was thinkink i found a good place for my mushroom, but as today came i found my green mushroom floating around, turned the wavemaker so it wont get blended and placed it on liverock pieces and shells. (After reading a lot)
Mushroom trying to attach i think already.
There is absolutly limited flow so it should be easy for the mushroom.

Have a wonderful day yall!

20191211_114120.jpg

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 103 57.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 53 29.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 64 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 31 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 53 29.6%
Back