NEW, NEW, NEW AT BATTLECORALS FOR THE ULTRA NERDS! GUARANTEED NOT TO RTN OR YOUR $ BACK!!!:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So along with a few other sleek updates to the site, I added a new section for a project that's been on the back burner for like 10 years now. I have no idea if anyone's going to give a crap about these, and they may ultimately just be a super indulgence, but for the few BC aficionados with a fish room and available wall space, well I guess this one’s for you lol.

Here's the pitch...

Now you can enjoy some of your favorite Battlecorals any time without the stress of having to keep them alive and happy! Take pleasure in knowing they require literally zero effort to keep pretty. Just a small hammer and a tack or whatever to hang. If I am being honest, I think a lot of these turned out really cool-looking. I've got them all over my office walls now as you might imagine in a kind of galley style look.

Considering offering an unbranded version as I do think there is a bit of tackiness to it all, but I'd be interested to hear any feedback good or bad really.

BATTLEPRINTS

Here are a few examples of a few I like personally.

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 4.09.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 4.20.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 3.37.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 1.34.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 2.53.48 PM.png

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're definitely nice looking but not as nice as the real thing.
You should look into sublimation printing on metal. There was a member on here who did it with zoas and supposedly it makes for really nice look. I was going to try doing it at home but it didn't seems worth it for my blurry pictures that I take.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They're definitely nice looking but not as nice as the real thing.
You should look into sublimation printing on metal. There was a member on here who did it with zoas and supposedly it makes for really nice look. I was going to try doing it at home but it didn't seems worth it for my blurry pictures that I take.
Thanks a lot for the feedback! I know the place I get mine done can do metal and acrylic prints. They are a bit pricer but I could definitely add them as an option on the site if there was interest.

Thanks again.

Dempsey941

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I have never ordered anything from you (yet), I would possibly recommend maybe putting the name in a corner vs across the middle. Just my thoughts
Yeah, the name across the front is a bit garish.
I agree. Take the name out of the middle and put it near the logo.

Maybe a 4 pack battleprint box with 4 random prints if someone can’t choose (like me).

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Yeah, I'm with you on this actually the first few I did the lettering is really bold. Again I was definitely. appealing to the "nerd element" on these, perhaps a bit too much, but as I progressed, the lettering on later ones is far less apparent. almost hidden by comparison.

But I still felt that this was something most people probably would prefer not to see. At least not in this capacity. The same thing goes for the owl in the corner. Definitely a fine line there between gaudy and interesting.

I really appreciate the feedback guys. thank you.

Sshannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is just to prevent stealing content with out giving credit. I'm sure the final product will be better
While I have never ordered anything from you (yet), I would possibly recommend maybe putting the name in a corner vs across the middle. Just my thoughts

I agree. Take the name out of the middle and put it near the logo.

Maybe a 4 pack battleprint box with 4 random prints if someone can’t choose (like me).

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m fine with the owl. I get that as like a trademark symbol. The size of the names is fine too. I would stick with slightly more defined than hidden. On my phone screen, even zoomed in, I have no idea what the yellowish orangeish millepora? says for its name.

A thought, though a bit more work, perhaps adding a certificate of authenticity to it. Not to boost value, but that way it’s identifiable as an original and not a knock off

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m fine with the owl. I get that as like a trademark symbol. The size of the names is fine too. I would stick with slightly more defined than hidden. On my phone screen, even zoomed in, I have no idea what the yellowish orangeish millepora? says for its name.

A thought, though a bit more work, perhaps adding a certificate of authenticity to it. Not to boost value, but that way it’s identifiable as an original and not a knock off
Right on yeah I totally had this notion as well. Was considering having some individual cards made up for each print, that I could give a little history of the actual coral on, along with some simple form of authenticity. Not really thinking limited edition or anything like that but some form of a personal touch I think would be appropriate.

Again. I really appreciate the feedback guys. this is why I love this forum. Venturing into (and by that I mean attempting to profit off) anything that even remotely could be considered "artistic" is a very new frontier for me. Honestly, I'll take and hear any advice that anyone is willing to offer on the matter. Including pricing.

My wife's first impression, as someone not really involved in the hobby at all, was also that the bold name in the center was a bit much and that I should at least offer a version without the name, if not scrub the names altogether. To be fair the lettering is a bit more subtle on the actual prints themselves as well. a few you really have to squint to see. not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing really lol but it's a work in progress at this point for sure.

Here are a few real-life pics of the actual prints in my office for a bit of reference:) Tank is a Pre- QT scrub tank for larger-sized orders that won't all fit in my actual QT upstairs.

And to answer another question I saw posted earlier, they DO in fact fluoresce a little under blues. It's a halfway decent effect for sure.

IMG_1347.jpeg

IMG_1348.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I also wouldn't mind a standard print on some high gloss paper. That way I can put it in a frame myself.

also not a bad idea at all. The place I had these doses offers paper posters, but I'm not sure this is the quality you want for a framed version. Would have to look into it.

Thanks for the post!

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also not a bad idea at all. The place I had these doses offers paper posters, but I'm not sure this is the quality you want for a framed version. Would have to look into it.

Thanks for the post!
I know you wanted to stay away from it, If it becomes a popular thing, you could offer a line limited edition ones that come preframed, hand signed and numbered, with a name plaque (sorry that’s the art buyer side of me).

Or even keep each print limited in itself, where each one gets 100 prints and that’s it

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I know you wanted to stay away from it, If it becomes a popular thing, you could offer a line limited edition ones that come preframed, hand signed and numbered, with a name plaque (sorry that’s the art buyer side of me).

Or even keep each print limited in itself, where each one gets 100 prints and that’s it

No, I'm with you there. If there is any sort of actual interest in these things, I'm up for anything really. I appreciate the post! thank you:).

djsmallz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on yeah I totally had this notion as well. Was considering having some individual cards made up for each print, that I could give a little history of the actual coral on, along with some simple form of authenticity. Not really thinking limited edition or anything like that but some form of a personal touch I think would be appropriate.

Again. I really appreciate the feedback guys. this is why I love this forum. Venturing into (and by that I mean attempting to profit off) anything that even remotely could be considered "artistic" is a very new frontier for me. Honestly, I'll take and hear any advice that anyone is willing to offer on the matter. Including pricing.

My wife's first impression, as someone not really involved in the hobby at all, was also that the bold name in the center was a bit much and that I should at least offer a version without the name, if not scrub the names altogether. To be fair the lettering is a bit more subtle on the actual prints themselves as well. a few you really have to squint to see. not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing really lol but it's a work in progress at this point for sure.

Here are a few real-life pics of the actual prints in my office for a bit of reference:) Tank is a Pre- QT scrub tank for larger-sized orders that won't all fit in my actual QT upstairs.

And to answer another question I saw posted earlier, they DO in fact fluoresce a little under blues. It's a halfway decent effect for sure.

IMG_1347.jpeg

IMG_1348.jpeg
Those look great.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I'm still at it over here and I worked up another version of this print with the lettering and logo in the lower right corner. I'll admit this is working for me. More refined and definitely less garish.

What do you guys think? Would you put it on your fish room wall?

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 9.32.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 9.32.47 AM.png

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back