• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

New noopsyche fried out the box. Noopsyche wants me to resolder it..

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

LowLi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently ordered new v3 to supplement my 2 v2s.

a few threads down you’ll see my post.
I ordered got them hung them up plugged em in. And one of the lights would flash on for a millisecond then back off. Aka it would just flicker.
I contacted noopsyche and they asked if I had a solder iron so I could replace the failed chip on the board.

i was kinda in awe and laughing lol like buys brand new light gets told to open and resolder and fix it.

i could understand if it was out of warranty or I dropped it in water / something like that.
But it’s literally brand new.
Anyways I told noop I wasn’t happy and they offered me a refund of 10$ Then unsent the message and asked me what I should receive.

just being that I’m a paying customer for both v2 and v3 yet I see them hand out lights for free on here left and right. It’s pretty sad I was only offered 10$ AE99A913-6593-4256-9DCE-0B64EB87AA8D.png

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey! Please do not resell.
That was just a suggestion,I was thought you had agreed, otherwise wouldn't have said so much..
1652882581247.png
1652882610893.png
1652882692375.png
sure, you can select return to factory. Please send the problem light back to factory, and we will arrange delivery as soon as possible.
So so far you not got back to me. . . Still waiting for your reply.
Let me explain for this issue:
The faulty part is a program error in a part of the control board, and a part needs to be replaced. The whole process takes about 10 minutes, so I ask if you have a soldering tool. sorry we didn't know what the hourly rate is in the US. I was thought it generally $10 for half an hour, there is no malicious intent at all. I was confused if the hourly rate was too low or something, so I retracted it. Later I kept asking how much do you think the maintenance fee should be paid? But you did not answer it so I was confused,feel sorry again.. Didn't realize it was impolite in your eyes

Was just a suggestion, if send the light back to the factory, then we can arrange for re-shipment upon receipt, it will take about 25 days round trip. We also need to prepare documents for customs clearance in Hong Kong.since we recommend maintenance as it takes about 10 days to receive the parts after they are sent to the US. I have already said it to you, so you should understand my original intention. its just a time saving suggestion, not a requirement.
Hope you can forgive us...
and do not resell, pls return to factory,thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
LowLi

LowLi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
vendor wants me to pay for shipping etc to ship back a light that came to me fried out the box.

I could understand if I had that light for a year outside of the warranty period but sorry I will ”cry” about having to open and solder a brand new light.

Vendor should send me a label to ship the light back I should not have to pay for shipping.

Edit:

period this should not have to be done for a BRAND NEW LIGHT.

i should have been sent one to replace it. not a part to replace in my brand new light.

OP
OP
LowLi

LowLi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thing is either way I have to wait.
The board is fried so either way I’m waiting for shipping. I have to resolder in a new chip that they would send me into my brand new light to fix it.

lights were just supplemental my tank doesn’t NEED the extra lighting to survive.

it’s the principle of getting something new and having to repair it.

no matter what it is if I got it brand new I wouldn’t want to take it apart the first month I got it.

after it’s out of warranty sure understandable.

I personally just feel like I should have been sent a new light to replace the faulty one. And given a return label to return the faulty light being that it was doa

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thing is either way I have to wait.
The board is fried so either way I’m waiting for shipping. I have to resolder in a new chip that they would send me into my brand new light to fix it.

lights were just supplemental my tank doesn’t NEED the extra lighting to survive.

it’s the principle of getting something new and having to repair it.

no matter what it is if I got it brand new I wouldn’t want to take it apart the first month I got it.

after it’s out of warranty sure understandable.

I personally just feel like I should have been sent a new light to replace the faulty one. And given a return label to return the faulty light being that it was doa
We are in communication and glad you got back to me on Facebook. This issue is due to a program problem with the control part. According to statistics, there is one out of about 180 lights.we will feedback to the programmer and be optimized, thank you

OP
OP
LowLi

LowLi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so The piece I have to solder in would be shipped by noop. So I have to wait for that to come in anyways.

i can’t repair it right now with just a solder iron.

OP
OP
LowLi

LowLi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are in communication and glad you got back to me on Facebook. This issue is due to a program problem with the control part. According to statistics, there is one out of about 180 lights.we will feedback to the programmer and be optimized, thank you
If this is 1 out of 180 lights. I really should have just been sent a new light / been told to send my light back.

I feel like 1 out 180 is not too many that you couldn’t just replace the light itself?

But anyways i am sending the light back for a refund not to happy with this whole situation.

OP
OP
LowLi

LowLi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@noopsyche for the win, good service and great lights.
This was me last week lol.
But this situation has left a sour taste in my mouth.

I used to rave to my lfs about Noopsyche’s.

but after this exact situation I can’t say the service is good.

the light that works I have no issue with even my v2 k7s have been on my 120 for about 3-4 years no issues.

My ONLY complaint about the v3 is the controller is harder to use versus the v2.

button versus dial. I’m able to spin the dial to higher percentage easier and quicker.

again lights are great just the service i got was not what I was expecting for purchasing a brand new light.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As I said, there was something wrong with this probe part, so I'm sending you a probe and a whole new board. I think you misunderstood us and ignored what my colleague said, we are sending you a brand new circuit board which can be replaced with just by a screwdriver,

and an extra part for you once you fix probe part on the issue board with solder tools, you have an extra backup:
1652927227047.png

1652926988863.png

1652926702705.png

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We will pay for shipping. When we receive the light back, we will arrange new lights to you, Hope you tell ontime next time when change your mind;)

OP
OP
LowLi

LowLi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I said, there was something wrong with this probe part, so I'm sending you a probe and a whole new board. I think you misunderstood us and ignored what my colleague said, we are sending you a brand new circuit board which can be replaced with just by a screwdriver,

and an extra part for you once you fix probe part on the issue board with solder tools, you have an extra backup:
1652927227047.png

1652926988863.png

1652926702705.png
More understood now.
Better then soldering but still having to open and repair a brand new light is annoying.

We will pay for shipping. When we receive the light back, we will arrange new lights to you, Hope you tell ontime next time when change your mind;)

but either way you are rectifying it by offering this solution in the quote above.

that is all I wanted thank you.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back