New office custom peninsula 185 gallon build thread

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And there were fish. That turn out very well. The cabinet door lay in really nice, aquascape and thank look great with the lighting.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Scape2.jpg
Scape1.jpg
Scape9.JPG
Scape8.jpg

Looks amazing!

mjk250

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful, I'd need some google glasses or something, so while they're working on me, I could be viewing the tank :)

Mpal771

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doc...
Ummm...You/associates are FACING the aquarium and the patients in the chairs aren't. Just fundamentally unfair. Great thread and build-Thanks!

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! That's a sure-wire way to get patients attention!;)

Wish I could do the same. Seems like you orthos have all the fun with tanks in the office LOL!

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks amazing I am loving this build more and more as it progresses , keep up the great work ( or amazing work I should say) . I love the light choice:);):p
Looks fantastic. Great workmanship!
Wow, I wish I had you as my orthodontist:) all I had to look at were pics of kids they put on the wall after they got their braces off lol. I am really digging the return plumbing as well. Awesome job!
sweet build. following
Looks awesome Ortho! Beautiful tank, it's been so fun watching it come together.
Far out! This is amazing mate! Love every bit of how you have done this build.
Thank you! I am very pleased with the way the tank has turned out. Wish I could say the same for the rest of the office. We were forced to move in with only 80% completion and several weeks behind schedule. On the bright side, the design of both the office and tank is very nice and the office will eventually be completed in the next few weeks. For now we have to live with temporary light fixtures, temporary hardware fixtures, missing granite for iPad stations, missing wall paper, missing floor tiles, stained and mis-matched carpet tiles and incomplete painting on walls. Lol!

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And there were fish. That turn out very well. The cabinet door lay in really nice, aquascape and thank look great with the lighting.
Doc...
Ummm...You/associates are FACING the aquarium and the patients in the chairs aren't. Just fundamentally unfair. Great thread and build-Thanks!

Wish I could do the same. Seems like you orthos have all the fun with tanks in the office LOL!
Thanks! It makes the day go by faster, except it also makes it much harder to leave in the evenings. Patients love the new tank. The old 110 now has a new home along with the pair of clowns, hippo tang, foxface and some very large SPS colonies!

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Wish my office had a SW tank.
Hello from another Orthopod!
Looks amazing!
Beautiful, I'd need some google glasses or something, so while they're working on me, I could be viewing the tank :)
Looks INCREDIBLE ! ! !

Well done ! !
Doc...

Thank you! This project is something I have been wanting to do for a few years. So when I decided to build-out a new office, it was a no-brainer decision.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to caravan to Huston to check out the system;)

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plumbing is done! Still need to fabricate a few supporting brackets for some of the plumbing. Still waiting on the fish room to be completed so I can get in there and do some work. I ended up purchasing 50 gallons of saltwater, in addition to 55 gallons I have at home to start cycling the tank and do the aquascaping. Hoping to get this done by Thursday. We are suppose to be moving in on Friday but I don't see how this will happen.

Tank30.JPG
Plumbing20.JPG
Plumbing21.JPG
Plumbing22.JPG
Plumbing23.JPG
Plumbing24.JPG
That is some sweet plumbing work! I like how you have the red and grey theme going. How many hours do you think you put into the plumbing alone?

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any issue with heat on that fixture? I know ATI doesn't recommend running it in a canopy. Beautiful setup by the way!
Thank you! No issues with heat. Directly above the lights is a centrifugal fan which turns over the air above the tank and inside the fish room 2.5x/min. Inside the fish room there is also a dedicated HVAC vent delivering cool air. The average water temp so far without the chiller is 79.9 degrees and max temp is 81.2 degrees.

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of my new and old fish appear to be doing well and getting along. I am currently feeding 1-2 times/day Mysis, Pellets and Nori. I had my skimmer off line for the 1st week to help speed up the cycle and keep the corals and frags I brought over from the old tank happy. All of the SPS frags and LPS are also doing well. I have not done any water testing as yet and I am planning on doing a 20 gallon WC this weekend.

Scape4.JPG
scape5.JPG
Scape3.JPG
Scape10.JPG
Scape12.JPG
Scape14.jpg

Scape13.JPG

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The shoots are really nice of the tank. Good to here that the fish are doing well. What are the impressions from the patients?

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The shoots are really nice of the tank. Good to here that the fish are doing well. What are the impressions from the patients?
Thanks! The patients love it. I will be uploading a update vid shortly!

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
185 gallon peninsula build update! Tank and inhabitants are still doing well except for a few frags which I brought over from the old tank that are showing signs of STN. I have not had a chance to check my par, mess with the lighting or do any water testing. I am now feeding 2-3x/day and limiting nutrient export until the tank fully cycles. For the most part I'm very pleased with the new tank and hope to get some better pics of all the little details in the build.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back