New office custom peninsula 185 gallon build thread

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to sneak this one in there btw seeing patients LOL!

Just footwear and talking, I did think I heard some snaps of the pliers cutting wire;Hilarious;Hilarious

Again the tank looks great and thing look like they are settling in with your system.

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just footwear and talking, I did think I heard some snaps of the pliers cutting wire;Hilarious;Hilarious

Again the tank looks great and thing look like they are settling in with your system.
Thanks! Yes, everyone appears to be happy! I have been feeding Nori daily to try and keep my Blue face angel occupied. I only work 4 days/week so hoping he behaves himself the other 3 days.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Yes, everyone appears to be happy! I have been feeding Nori daily to try and keep my Blue face angel occupied. I only work 4 days/week so hoping he behaves himself the other 3 days.

I am sure you have a cam to watch the tank?:)

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure you have a cam to watch the tank?:)
I do. This is an image from last weekend.

IMG_2328.PNG

DJlee68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

First, excuse me for my bad english, I am from France.

Your tank is very beautiful!

I have a similar peninsula project, and I have a question : How is your "canopy" designed ? Is he just sitting on the aquarium? (would a tank support the weight?) Or is it also hanging on the ceiling? Have you some photos of the inside of this canopy ?

Thank you in advance.

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ortho281- I have seen pictures of the saltwater room you have all over the internet! Let me ask you a question, who hard plumbed everything for you as well as the plumbing for you Mixing station??
My new build has a mixing station that's about 25ft from my display. Just waiting on my Synergy sump my, CL-44...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: My Blueface angel has been nipping at most of my LPS coral and I have lost several including my huge red Goni which I have had forever. I did try moving the affected corals to my QT at home but they still did survive. Since I am not planning on getting rid of the Blueface this will limit the selection of LPS that I can keep. I still have not placed any SPS corals but hopefully I can try some soon?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ortho281 looking good doc. Have you tried any sticks yet?
Thanks! No I haven’t. My Blueface angel has been nipping at most of my LPS corals and several has died including my huge red Goni which I have had forever. I’ve also been very busy but hopefully I can try some sticks soon?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ortho281- I have seen pictures of the saltwater room you have all over the internet! Let me ask you a question, who hard plumbed everything for you as well as the plumbing for you Mixing station??
My new build has a mixing station that's about 25ft from my display. Just waiting on my Synergy sump my, CL-44...
Hi, I did most of the work myself except for building the actual fish room and cabinets which were built by my contractor.

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

First, excuse me for my bad english, I am from France.

Your tank is very beautiful!

I have a similar peninsula project, and I have a question : How is your "canopy" designed ? Is he just sitting on the aquarium? (would a tank support the weight?) Or is it also hanging on the ceiling? Have you some photos of the inside of this canopy ?

Thank you in advance.
Thanks! the upper cabinets are suspended from the furdown or ceiling and does not rest on the tank itself. I do not know if the tank can support the weight of a canopy that large but would advise against doing that. I would instead find a way to suspend it from the ceiling as I did. Good Luck!

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks tight and smooth! I wish my dentist had a tank this dope in there office, where are you again? LOL...
Nice and clean build mate! I'm in the process of putting up a new SCA 150!

DJlee68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! the upper cabinets are suspended from the furdown or ceiling and does not rest on the tank itself. I do not know if the tank can support the weight of a canopy that large but would advise against doing that. I would instead find a way to suspend it from the ceiling as I did. Good Luck!

Thanks a lot for your answer!

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: My Blueface angel has been nipping at most of my LPS coral and I have lost several including my huge red Goni which I have had forever. I did try moving the affected corals to my QT at home but they still did survive. Since I am not planning on getting rid of the Blueface this will limit the selection of LPS that I can keep. I still have not placed any SPS corals but hopefully I can try some soon?

I was going to say something, about that!! I am sure you know this putting just about any Angle fish in a reef tank doc - you're taking a chance, no matter how much you feed them.
That's why I am a big Surgeon fish lover, just love how they swim around on wrecks and reefs around in their own environment.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 38 30.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back