New Orphek Atlantik iCon LED Light

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dana last email I received from Orphek...mentioned they made a couple more upgrades before they are sending out the shipments
"special spacers to lower the temp as much as 6C"
"isolation pads for the fans to lower the db level of the light to 36db"

OP
OP
Dana Riddle

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dana last email I received from Orphek...mentioned they made a couple more upgrades before they are sending out the shipments
"special spacers to lower the temp as much as 6C"
"isolation pads for the fans to lower the db level of the light to 36db"
Yes, Ofir informed me of the changes. Working on the report today.

BoneDoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any preview? Especially how it compares to the Sky. They have a sale right now and I’m really tempted

OP
OP
Dana Riddle

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any preview? Especially how it compares to the Sky. They have a sale right now and I’m really tempted
The report will focus on spectral qualities and why they are important, excitation of fluorescence, etc. Of course they produce enough light and the foot print is large.

Andy Wenzel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pulled the trigger and bought 2 icons for over my 48” L x 23” W tank.
if I also want to add some OR3 bars would I go with the 120’s blue plus with the Universal Fixing Bracket for ceiling mounting?

Plan is will be building out mostly dominated SPS with others mixed in lower in the tank.

OP
OP
Dana Riddle

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if I also want to add some OR3 bars would I go with the 120’s blue plus with the Universal Fixing Bracket for ceiling mounting?

Plan is will be building out mostly dominated SPS with others mixed in lower in the tank.
You should have more than enough light with the two iCons. Personally, I like the spectrum of the Blue Plus lights. It's long enough to just lay on the top of a standard 48" tank. Beg, borrow, or steal a PAR meter.

mattrez80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You can’t go wrong with adding the OR3 Blue Plus bars. I have 4 of them on my 300gal, along with 3 V4s and the spectrum that they give off in addition to the V4s is beautiful.

On the flip side, I am upgrading my V4s to the Icons. I just ordered 3 more for a total of 6 over my 84” x 30” x 26”. Overkill? Probably, but I want complete/blanket coverage for my SPS dominate tank.

mandarin417

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nice. Do you purchase the full size or compact iCons. Has anyone installed the iCons yet that can give some feedback?

mattrez80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Do you purchase the full size or compact iCons. Has anyone installed the iCons yet that can give some feedback?
I purchased the full size. I cannot comment on them yet as I have not received them. I just ordered them yesterday to take advantage of the savings.

BoneDoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should have more than enough light with the two iCons. Personally, I like the spectrum of the Blue Plus lights. It's long enough to just lay on the top of a standard 48" tank. Beg, borrow, or steal a PAR meter.
I would second what Dana is saying here. There’s plenty of par in the 2 iCon units. You really only need to get the OR 3 if you want more coverage front to back. Otherwise you’ll need to dial down your light intensity by a lot.

Infern0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys, I have one Atlantik V4 Gen 2 from 2017. I have bought a used Seneye to measure my PAR on my Red Sea Reefer 250 Tank ( 90 cm long/50 wide/50 deep) and I am pretty shocked of my PAR readings. With Chanel 1 and 4 at 0%, Chanel 2 and 3 at 90%, I am getting around 180 PAR at the top of the Tank and about 70 PAR at the bottom of the Tank, both readings in the Middle of the Tank. Is this possible or my Seneye could be wrong? I think this is the old model from Seneye. Best regards, Sergiu.

BoneDoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok… I pulled the trigger and got 2 iCons to light my 180. I’ll keep you His updated once I get the lights

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The report is almost done.
Cant wait, im waiting for my new ICON upgrade kits to come in. The V4 G2's were pretty good already.

1638370101061.png

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back