New Orphek Atlantik iCon LED Light

BoneDoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carlos, how many days did you get your lights from the moment they give you a tracking number? Are they shipping from stateside?

carlosec83

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carlos, how many days did you get your lights from the moment they give you a tracking number? Are they shipping from stateside?
I received my DHL tracking number Dec 2nd. Estimated delivery for San Diego from Hong Kong was Dec7th. But received them Yesterday. My OR3 order also shipped today from Hong Kong, est delivery Dec 9th

carlosec83

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when did you order? I ordered 11/1 and still waiting.
Oct 10th. There was a shortage on some board they needed (was explained this back in Nov 5th) therefore they were delayed shipping 2 weeks later than expected.

My guess is with Black Friday they also had a surge in orders. Appx wait time was 8 weeks for me.

BoneDoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe they have enough but are working to fulfill those orders when I emailed James. I’d wait another week for it to ship, and then another week or the shipping time to reach us.

ChadmRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oct 10th. There was a shortage on some board they needed (was explained this back in Nov 5th) therefore they were delayed shipping 2 weeks later than expected.

My guess is with Black Friday they also had a surge in orders. Appx wait time was 8 weeks for me.
thanks, this kind of level sets my expectation. They (Orphek James) have been really up front with me throughout this purchase, was really wondering how far behind they were getting boards.

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my tracking Nov 30th from James, my light is expected to arrive on Dec 9th

Dana Thank you for the review, I am looking forward to receiving my light. I believe it was a good choice.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very comprehensive but those stats mean very little to me. A conclusion with a comparison or 2 would make me feel a lot better about my purchase.

Dana will chime in I am sure, but I think he really just wants to report as neutrality as possible and not have head to head or say what light is better in his opinion so he can remain unbiased although perhaps he will give a few remarks on the spectrum overall vs others. I know he likes the far red which is normally missing.

Andy Wenzel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dana will chime in I am sure, but I think he really just wants to report as neutrality as possible and not have head to head or say what light is better in his opinion so he can remain unbiased although perhaps he will give a few remarks on the spectrum overall vs others. I know he likes the far red which is normally missing.
That's fair, as someone getting back into reefer after many years away and purchasing 2 icons with 2 or3 bars. I'm looking to sleep a little better at night knowing I made a good purchase versus buying a couple xr30's... :cool:
Thanks

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's fair, as someone getting back into reefer after many years away and purchasing 2 icons with 2 or3 bars. I'm looking to sleep a little better at night knowing I made a good purchase versus buying a couple xr30's... :cool:
Thanks

I sure think you make the right choice!

NickHolmes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn’t it a commissioned review seeing that it was first featured on Orpheks site? I apologise if I’ve missed something

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar to Dana’s others they supply the light. I am not sure about the rest. I would be surprised if he didn’t post the same thing here and answer

carlosec83

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks
I felt same way. Lucky for me, my tank and sump took 1 year on order, I was able to analyze all my options with a clear mind. For a long time I was set on the stratons and ecotechs line too... but I kept seeing amazing tanks running orphek. I had to do a lot of reading and digging since it's not a BIG BOX name as other lights. However, only negative thing I would read was the wifi box the previous generations ran... but I liked the upgrading possibility without having to purchase a whole new light(something no one does)...

The only thing I recommend is playing with the app some. Once you play with it and see what it's capable of doing, it's pretty simple to use. I received mine on Sunday and by this am, making any adjustments is a breeze. I don't rally like the spectrum the Helius has. But small adjustments, and breaks in between- I like how to program each channel. If you have more than 1 light and would like to run same program, just create a new group and program there. (See image I attached)... or else you'll have to replicate each program into each light. Apologies if this was already discussed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211207-115253_Orphek iCon.jpg
    Screenshot_20211207-115253_Orphek iCon.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 68

servus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very comprehensive but those stats mean very little to me. A conclusion with a comparison or 2 would make me feel a lot better about my purchase.
Check BRS video on Orphek Atlantik 4, it has a comparison with actinic T5 tubes on the spectrum. That will give you an idea of the iCon spectrum in relation to existing others.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks will take a look
You can even just look at led counts and spectrum list too. Orphek has, as far as I know, the widest number of leds of different spectrums and has for quite a while. If broad spectrum is desired I don’t think there is another major manufacturer out there with so many.

BoneDoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can even just look at led counts and spectrum list too. Orphek has, as far as I know, the widest number of leds of different spectrums and has for quite a while. If broad spectrum is desired I don’t think there is another major manufacturer out there with so many.
And I think this is what Dana is trying to get at with his review.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back