New pair of oscellaris clownfish!

Uzair Aiman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm still new to this hobby and this pair of clowns are my first ever marine fish. I would just want to ask if there are any tips regarding keeping them? I have read online and learned alot about them so its not like I know 0 info. Just any tips or help you think is helpful would be welcomed!
The most important I think is how do I know that they're healthy? Their skin colours look vibrant. Theyre quite energtic swimming up and down at the same spot (since theyre still new to the tank) and eat normally. They are still juveniles though (1 inch in length?).
And ive realised that one of them kind of sleep on their side(?) at night and I panicked last night but as they woke up they seem to be fine. This this sleeping position normal? During the whole day they stick together most of the time but when they sleep they kind of have their on spots. (One close to powerhead and the other at my HOB filter). is that normal? Also, they sleep near the top of the tank, Im not sure if thats normal or if its just because theyre still new to the tank. They rarely go and swim down and just stay at the top corner of my tank.

KPH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some of the same fears when i got my first two clowns. I looked it up and the general response is “clowns are weird as hell”. Mine sleep on their sides in the water column, upside down, facing up, facing down, at the top of the tank, at the bottom. They mostly slept with their noses towards the top of the tank, at the top of the tank. But sometimes they end up in weird(er) places. I think all this is very normal for them.

OP
OP
Uzair Aiman

Uzair Aiman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some of the same fears when i got my first two clowns. I looked it up and the general response is “clowns are weird as hell”. Mine sleep on their sides in the water column, upside down, facing up, facing down, at the top of the tank, at the bottom. They mostly slept with their noses towards the top of the tank, at the top of the tank. But sometimes they end up in weird(er) places. I think all this is very normal for them.
So they really are literal clowns huh? hahah okay then. I should just let them be themselves

Back