New Peacock Manty!

schonerz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there! I recently added a new peacock to a 30 gallon tank I have. I bought some pvc pipe, as recommended.

The guy has been home for almost a week now and he hasn't been using the pvc but hiding under rock thats very hidden. I heard him smacking a clam I bought the other day and that was about it. Now today he's swimming around on the higher grounds and looks like trying to escape. Is this normal behaviour? I tossed another clam in there think it may be hungry but ignored it. Any help would be great!

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes they just like to swim around (looking like somethings after them lol) but if he’s not constantly doing it, I wouldn’t worry. :)

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mantis shrimp form a burrow that they’ll treat as their home, but early on and even in older adults they will venture out. They are highly inquisitive and seem to be pretty smart. They also have crazy vision. Keep the water clean and keep offering food and he should settle down. A week isn’t that long, let him settle in. No panic yet!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
They are typical bottom dwellers and rarely spend time at all on top however they tend to explore an environment occasionally

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also just was wondering if you know for sure it’s a peacock since most people just label colorful ones as peacocks :rolleyes:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back