NEW PLAN. What do I tell my wife....help.

OP
OP
BanjoBandito

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With it only being 32" wide another radion would be overkill and spacing may be an issue giving too much overlap and hot spots. I run mine at 60% and even then I've bleached a couple sps.
I'm actually snooping around the classifieds and someone is selling an XR15 reef brite add on....that would probably do it.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell her the negative news first then follow up with some sort of good news! It might lessen the blow but honestly women pick that up right away so shes gonna be mad but hopefully not as mad lol! And try and slide it in during a good convo! Dont bring it up awkwardly lol! Best i can i do lol! Good luck and enjoy!!! ;)
How much you spending on Lobster Larry ????....there is no 'sliding that in' lol....I'd be murdered.

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great advice that reminds us why 50% of marriages fail...

This is much better advice. Instead, don't scrape the glass or remove algae from the tank for awhile and tell her it looks like garbage because you need "x, y, z". Then once you've received the items you want, clean that sucker spick and span and you'll be good to go.

What was the first thing I said, again?

ffmurray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, I’m divorced so no advice there. No rush on the lights. If you did like I did you’ll spend more on the lights than that deal of a tank. I’m still trying to figure out my plan, but have basically settled on hybrid T5 and kessil.

Natadactyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much you spending on Lobster Larry ????....there is no 'sliding that in' lol....I'd be murdered.
Im single its different lol!!! No joint account! Cant murder myself! lol! But i get what your saying!!! ;) And lets put it this way....Larry was free his "accessories" were expensive AF!! lol!!

OP
OP
BanjoBandito

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, I’m divorced so no advice there. No rush on the lights. If you did like I did you’ll spend more on the lights than that deal of a tank. I’m still trying to figure out my plan, but have basically settled on hybrid T5 and kessil.
I'm def. leaning towards maybe adding some reefbrites to an XR30 or some sort of hybrid system. Still trying to plan where it's going to go.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all honesty, I got lucky to have a wife that is into animals. She used to work at a pet shop. We have had all sorts of critters, ferrets, lizards, snakes, cats, and currently have 3 great danes. I bought the 13.5 evo and it was her idea to get the 120. All I said was if we are going to do it I want it done right with the best equipment so I can never blame failure on that! So as long as I have a legit reason for needing something new she never questions it.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back