New Pony do any experts want to give him a onece over!?

dantdodge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just picked up two new seahorses was not a hundred percent ready. I have my medication a ten gallon tank that has not been setup for QT. They are only eating live ghost shrimp at the moment.
I got them because the store they were at had them in a tank that is beyond description with words and could not leave them there.

So this being my first pair of seahorses I wanted to make sure I'm taking all the right steps and precautions.

Tank is a 24x24x24 seagrass two powerheads dual returns live rock sand bead, protien skimmer sump prime ai hd led for light other macro algea, and tree sponges and gorgs.

The female has become extremely active and hunts for food all the time. The male has been a little more chill and I have been hand feeding him as he is a big boy and thought he would have no trouble with ghost feeders but some of them he just snicks and doesnt get them maybe 2or 3 out of ten tries on his own.

So I will leave some pictures and a link to a video of "papa koa" any help or support will be greatly appreciated

20200718_165427.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back