new Powder Brown Tang bullying my old fishes

chocomallows007

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got a new Powder Brown Tang and I was expecting my Six Line and Basslet to bully him, but instead he’s bullying my Foxface and Basslet. I haven’t seen him bully my Six Line and Clownfishes yet (hopefully he leaves them alone. It’s been 5 hours now and I haven’t seen him chase them). He would chase the Foxface or Basslet for a second and leave them alone for minutes or an hour and then goes back at them. Will he ever stop?

495CFA62-AF44-4207-A0BD-81C9551C65EA.jpeg

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Powder browns can be aggressive, what size tank? Hopefully it's just settling in, the foxface should give in and allow the powder brown to be the dominant. Any new additions will be challenged by the brown. What kind of basslet, I think eventually the brown will pay him no mind, as they wouldn't present a challenge.

OP
OP
chocomallows007

chocomallows007

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank size is 130 gallons. The Foxface isn’t doing anything to the Powder though. He would just show off his spiky dorsal fins. Although I saw the Foxface approach the Powder after being bullied twice like he’s teasing the Powder Idk if that’s how Foxface trying to be dominant. It’s a Royal Gramma Basslet and at firstI thought he would try to bully the Powder, but he didn’t. Instead, he was the one being chased. The Six Line, he wasn’t getting chased.

You said any new additions would be challenged by the Powder.. I have a Blue Hippo incoming. Is it going tk be challenged by the Powder?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank size is 130 gallons. The Foxface isn’t doing anything to the Powder though. He would just show off his spiky dorsal fins. Although I saw the Foxface approach the Powder after being bullied twice like he’s teasing the Powder Idk if that’s how Foxface trying to be dominant. It’s a Royal Gramma Basslet and at firstI thought he would try to bully the Powder, but he didn’t. Instead, he was the one being chased. The Six Line, he wasn’t getting chased.

You said any new additions would be challenged by the Powder.. I have a Blue Hippo incoming. Is it going tk be challenged by the Powder?

The fox is a sneaky so..b, but I believe those 2 will work it out. My fox has spiked more than one of my inhabitants. The brown will learn one way or another. It will not be uncommon that the brown will challenge the hippo. Is the hippo at least comparable size or even a little larger. Keep an eye on that one.

You will get better advice in the fish discussion than here in the predator forum on this subject, in case you want to post there about your upcoming addition.

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had a powder brown that was a total a__ hole. Bullied any new fish. Even killed a copperband that I spent a month going through qt with. Even my powder blue wasn’t as bad as this fish was. Got rid of the fish with no regrets at all
Jeff

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back