OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He doesn't buy fish, fish pay their own way to get into his QT. He is the most interesting reefkeeper in the world

Nailed it!

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for sharing. I have just never found a livestock vendor here in Indiana that I was all too impressed with.
Me neither.

dealseer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4FordFamily, do you have a place you recommend getting the live black worms from?

dealseer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you much. Is there a good resource I can go read to educate myself on black worms as far as keeping them alive for as long as possible after ordering them?

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish look great! Good luck, I know you'll get them in that tank soon enough ;)

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4FordFamily, do you have a place you recommend getting the live black worms from?
I order them from aquatic foods in Fresna Ca.

I’d take them cheaper if I could find them!

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish look great! Good luck, I know you'll get them in that tank soon enough ;)
Thanks! Both leopards died today. They looked great this AM. No copper to speak of. Typical leopards. My track record with them is really good so I am surprised. Zero ammonia still everyone else is thriving!

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woah, that is some opening salvo!

Sounds really good, and happy to see you and fish together again!

Reading around, I'd just about given up on the dream of having an achilles and a powderblue together in my 220, and here you are with both in the same box ... Other than being 4FordFamily, and "The Tang Whisperer", is there a way to realize such a pairing?

~Bruce

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woah, that is some opening salvo!

Sounds really good, and happy to see you and fish together again!

Reading around, I'd just about given up on the dream of having an achilles and a powderblue together in my 220, and here you are with both in the same box ... Other than being 4FordFamily, and "The Tang Whisperer", is there a way to realize such a pairing?

~Bruce

Yes sir. Larger Achilles, bought concurrently, other fish added at the same time (especially tangs), and some luck! If you’d like to try I can help coach you. I’m 4/4 on my attempts with a friend and myself twice, if this works out. I read about it failing.

I do speak the tang, but I’ll translate for ya!

blkhwkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you much. Is there a good resource I can go read to educate myself on black worms as far as keeping them alive for as long as possible after ordering them?

I kept mine in the garage fridge in the worm keeper from Aquatic Foods. Changed water daily and they lived for months until I went out of town. Definitely lived way longer than I expected.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept mine in the garage fridge in the worm keeper from Aquatic Foods. Changed water daily and they lived for months until I went out of town. Definitely lived way longer than I expected.
I didn’t know they sold a worm keeper!! I’ll have to do some digging!

dealseer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. That gives me a little better idea how much to order.

blkhwkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t know they sold a worm keeper!! I’ll have to do some digging!

It's 2 pieces and kind of expensive for what it is, but works very well. There's the bottom container that you put the water in and the top piece has the worms on some mesh. I used RODI that I kept in the fridge with the worms and make sure they are covered with water. Change the water daily, sometimes I'd forget and do it every other day. Bought them end of April and was still using the same worms when I left for MACNA.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's 2 pieces and kind of expensive for what it is, but works very well. There's the bottom container that you put the water in and the top piece has the worms on some mesh. I used RODI that I kept in the fridge with the worms and make sure they are covered with water. Change the water daily, sometimes I'd forget and do it every other day. Bought them end of April and was still using the same worms when I left for MACNA.
What’s expensive? I guess I could go look but I’m watching TV with my wife and she’s already yelling at me :D

blkhwkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s expensive? I guess I could go look but I’m watching TV with my wife and she’s already yelling at me :D
1/8 pound worms with keeper is 53.99, worms alone are 34.99 so I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought it was.

My wife rolled her eyes and started doing something else. :)

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks! Both leopards died today. They looked great this AM. No copper to speak of. Typical leopards. My track record with them is really good so I am surprised. Zero ammonia still everyone else is thriving!
I hate that.
I'm not having very good luck with geoffroyi's right now.
Active and eating one day, dead the next

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back