NEW R2R APP IS COMING! I need your input!

Are you excited about a NEW custom R2R APP?

• Yes

Votes: 157 92.4%
  • No

Votes: 13 7.6%

• Total voters
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
14 minutes without a new suggestion?

jpnegrete14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in the dry goods selling forum I wanted my search to include multiple states using the filter(I travel a lot and find myself in other states) and it seemed to only show me the post if the seller themselves put all the same states in. Instead of displaying any post that came from any of the states I was interested in.

For example right now just to double check I used TX, LA and FL and it had zero hits.

I’m not sure if it’s user error or what but if it’s not than I think that would be useful. Good luck on the app!

Jasper05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in the dry goods selling forum I wanted my search to include multiple states using the filter(I travel a lot and find myself in other states) and it seemed to only show me the post if the seller themselves put all the same states in. Instead of displaying any post that came from any of the states I was interested in.

For example right now just to double check I used TX, LA and FL and it had zero hits.

I’m not sure if it’s user error or what but if it’s not than I think that would be useful. Good luck on the app!
Great point! I find it to be tedious. They need to have the ability to do an "OR": Texas OR Florida

jpnegrete14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great point! I find it to be tedious. They need to have the ability to do an "OR": Texas OR Florida
Yes exactly! There are plenty of states where neighboring states aren’t really that far away by car. Personally I am willing to drive quite a bit for a big ticket item like a tank if it’s a killer deal. So that’s where a multiple states filter in the selling forum would be pretty handy.

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will it just be a website in an app using WebKit? Or will it be a full-fledged app that pulls data from the forum servers? I second the suggestion for a server API that pushes new posts to the app in real time, letting us see replies immediately instead of having to refresh manually. Also, a real-time public/private chat feature would be cool.

StephenMcn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YES we are in talks now for a brand new, custom app that R2R owns 100% and I am so excited! Since we will own it and it is being developed just for us we have the options on what we want and don't want in our app. So this is where you come in!

Considering your favorite apps and your favorite features that R2R offers what features would you like to see the new APP have for you to use?

app R2R image.jpg
Smooth operation. Maybe an aquarium log to keep track of tested parameters, livestock, tank equipment, supplements /medication dates added. etc

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Self disable when the app uses more than 75% of a phones battery life in a given day to protect our jobs and relationships! :p
I know this was sarcastic, but that’s actually what the “screen time” function is for! Could be useful for some of us! lol ;Woot

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Dependability and user friendly.
I much prefer r2r.com

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A feature I would like to see that might address a small issue I see here on the current version of reef2reef.com is when someone uploads a video, the video type is checked and converted (if needed) to a file type that works across all devices. (I assume the current issue is due to videos being uploaded on mobile devices not being visible on pc but can't see the back end of this site obviously).

I find that very frequently new users post a video looking for help, and we are unable to see it on one device or another because of the media format/type. There should be a relatively simple way to "sanitize" the inputs when they are uploaded to a standard type so that it is visible across all platforms :D

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also in the selling forums and maybe it’s there but I’m missing it, but the ability to watch the sell forums but be able to filter on keywords for alerts rather than be notified of every new thread, ie so I can put in Radion and it would only send alerts with new threads that contain Radion in the subject or body.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back