NEW R2R APP IS COMING! I need your input!

Are you excited about a NEW custom R2R APP?

• Yes

Votes: 157 92.4%
  • No

Votes: 13 7.6%

• Total voters

FlexingFishSticks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is great!! I have never accessed R2R on a computer. It has been far more convenient for me to access it through my cell phone. It has been pleasant for the most part! I would love to see the ability to upload and view all different formats of videos through the app this would be very convenient! It would also be nice to have the app refresh itself constantly so the most recent posts are shown! It would be cool to have some kind of live instant messaging chat for members as well I would enjoy that a lot. Most importantly I hope the app to be as user friendly and smooth as the mobile website if not better! Thank you for all you guys do for all of us on R2R! This was awesome news and I’m looking forward to it! :)

smellytunic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you are looking for a more fully featured App and not just a webwraped version of the site. A section with some basic chemistry conversions (Kh to dKH for example). Also a section for logging parameters, tank changes etc. Would be great then making that data shareable if the user allows would useful when other members are helping with tank issues and diagnosis.

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what about for those who need to post photos for id, etc, a smooth well connect picture uploading and posting feature?

cjgibson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are looking for a more fully featured App and not just a webwraped version of the site. A section with some basic chemistry conversions (Kh to dKH for example). Also a section for logging parameters, tank changes etc. Would be great then making that data shareable if the user allows would useful when other members are helping with tank issues and diagnosis.
THIS THIS THIS.. COULDN'T ASK FOR IT BETTER MYSELF

Mooses

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this has been put out yet, but a water parameter logging system would be awesome to include! Then people can easily post their latest records when they have issues & we can backtrack their records with ease.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PUSH Notifications! *With preference settings of course.

The only thing I really miss about the TapTalk(?) App connectivity vs the mobile website is the notifications.

aherre07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A way to organize forums that we tend to visit more often. I know that I personally go to a handful of the forums offered through r2r daily and only on occasion will I visit some of the others when something comes up. An example of this is the way that YouTubetv allows one to customize the order of channels based on preference.

KRas1014

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another idea I have is to automatically take the posts that haven't got any replies yet and got lost among all of the other new posts, and automatically bump them back into the new post feed every 60 minutes or so. I know there are a lot of users asking for help but during the busy times of the day, they simply get lost and don't get the attention they deserve.

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know if this is possible but being able to add a pic of fish or coral & it search the web for an ID would be great.

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
auto image resizing for upload.

Whenever I wanted to post an image, and got the error of file being too large, usually those coming from my DSLR, most of the time I just give up on posting it altogether. The app should be able to resize it to whatever limit it is before posting onto the server pretty easily.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooh great stuff so far! Also we do have a new rating system in our market already done but that would have to be able to be seen and viewed in the app for sure!
I liked the old Itrader feature with the small feedback number next to your avatar or screen name. Like ebay still has.

Thatguy96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easily able to upload pics and even video if possible :)

Philly Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be also a forum suggestions. Change the "Media" section to "Gallery".
And when we add pictures or videos, if we can add a hashtags/labels then it automatically added to the gallery sections too.
It would make it easier if ppl want to see mixing station pictures.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YES we are in talks now for a brand new, custom app that R2R owns 100% and I am so excited! Since we will own it and it is being developed just for us we have the options on what we want and don't want in our app. So this is where you come in!

Considering your favorite apps and your favorite features that R2R offers what features would you like to see the new APP have for you to use?

app R2R image.jpg
Oh my God I love you for that announcement I have so missed the app

AltitudeAquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I get email pushes for watched threads, it kicks me to Tap Talk. These links are broken and don't work. So, what's the point of having these email notifications.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the ideas of parameter, coral/fish logs to see progress and share in the event an issue arrises. +2!

RC Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uploading photos/videos from my Galaxy S10+ has never worked right using phone browsers.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 86 87.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back