New Red Sea Reefer “Tank Kits”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are testing for sure.

I also heard through the grapevine that they are experimenting with some new cabinet colors. A light gray and some type of wood grain finish....

A wood grain finish could be interesting but there is always a concern that if you scratch the finish you will see the real cabinet color showing.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just going by what I heard probably not in the US.

So you heard from someone that they may be testing it somewhere? That’s pretty vague.

I maintain my point regarding being concerned about being an early adopter to their LED fixture. Many people were disappointed by the noise level of the AC skimmer; and it really didn’t make sense given the price of DC pumps.

If they are making their own LED fixture, they are trying to produce it at cheaper than they can get the Hydras from Ecotech. Probably will charge the same as before.

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are making their own LED fixture, they are trying to produce it at cheaper than they can get the Hydras from Ecotech. Probably will charge the same as before. So, I have my concerns :)

They could be simply rebranding another company's light and buying it at a volume discount and then marking it up. I seriously bought they will be making it themselves. ;)

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They could be simply rebranding another company's light and buying it at a volume discount and then marking it up. I seriously bought they will be making it themselves. ;)

If that is the case, one might be able to just order the light (I assume something rebranded from china) on aliexpress for cheaper. We'll see!

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back