OP
Elias Kalogiros

Elias Kalogiros

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im pretty sure if I look at the ZeoStart bottle it says "2mL per 250 gallons daily" which means that 1mL is perfect for a tank our size. I think its one of the things I like the most about the tank and Zeo - everything is in simple whole units :) Ive always stuck to 1mL / day for ZeoStart. I think the guide also says that if you see a lot of extra growth, to cut dosing back to once every other day until things clear up, then you can ramp back up. Im not sure if you can underdose, because the bacteria are feeding off of the nutrients in your tank as well - the zeostart just help supplement that. Ive never had an issue cutting back, but I always end up back at 1mL/day.
Awesome! Thank you so much for the help!! Really appreciate it.

OP
OP
Elias Kalogiros

Elias Kalogiros

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received the cover from www.artfullyacrylic.com it was a 6 week wait but we'll worth the wait. This thing looks great and is also a perfect fit. I ordered it with a feeding door and a custom cutout for the neptune automatic feeder. Here are some pics.
05a4b9e6aa22c0d88057b3bc5ea42376.jpg
805ce5b65ee42b8f12f7e9fb03192414.jpg
804f8fd3c346aac0bab6445caa65ab61.jpg
5af3a50d5af3691b60d60baa589edab6.jpg
55388ed0cddd16f29f07034b3d546c63.jpg
913586b33bc60349a3e2512c4b9fc375.jpg

OP
OP
Elias Kalogiros

Elias Kalogiros

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday's project was to finally install a float switch in the cover of the skimmer to stop the skimmer from overflowing. In the 3 months I have had this tank it has happened 3 times. It was actually super easy to do and is a highly recommended upgrade.
5b259ff0f8b26f8df0c1e70b5ea4e1fe.jpg

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday's project was to finally install a float switch in the cover of the skimmer to stop the skimmer from overflowing. In the 3 months I have had this tank it has happened 3 times. It was actually super easy to do and is a highly recommended upgrade.
5b259ff0f8b26f8df0c1e70b5ea4e1fe.jpg

Very good
Just make sure to wash it when you wash the cup out so crud buildup doesn’t get it stuck
Making a quick connect in the wire will make you able to wash the skimmer cup “cap”

OP
OP
Elias Kalogiros

Elias Kalogiros

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the Zeovit Product Guide (here). Basically the LPS aminos are designed for LPS corals in particular, while the other appears to be a more general additive. I dont have any practical experience with these - Ive never used an amino acid supplement. Hopefully this help a bit.

Amino Acid High Concentrate This product primarily aids growth as well as vitality. Our experiments have shown that corals can increase growth by up to 100%, even if placed in low light spots. Polyp extension is also maximized. We exclusively use amino acids that are available in the wild and can be utilized by the corals. We recommend dosing of 1 drop per 25 gallons daily. Over dosing is not a factor, as long as there is no problem with brown slime algae. It is possible that coral tissue darkening occurs if there is a continued overdosing. In that case, reduce the dosing amount to 1/3rd. You should not have a problem with this, if you follow the dosing instructions. However, if signs of excessive dosing occur, stop dosing for a few days until the slime build-up is gone. This supplement can also be used in tanks not using the ZEOvit® method.

Amino Acid Concentrate LPS This product is a high quality food source based on amino acids, designed specifically for large polyped stony corals (LPS) such as Cynarina, Blastomusa, Welsophylia, Symphylia, Musidae, Fungias, Heliofungias, and Catalaphylia. Corals expand their tissue immediately after dosing. Regular dosing has a positive impact on coral growth. It can help in the regeneration process of damaged corals. We recommend to use this product especially during the initial change of the system to a low nutrient environment, because the slow acclimation of these coral species. We recommend dosing 1 ml per 50 gallons daily. Reduce the dosing amount if the tissue color of the corals becomes browner.​
Do you dose anything for trace elements? I know that Zeovit has a 4 bottle system that you dose once a week.

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont use any trace elements or supplements. The 2 part system (ESV B-Ionic) that I use to maintain Alk/Cal has some trace elements in it, and between that and weekly water changes, I dont supplement anything else.

OP
OP
Elias Kalogiros

Elias Kalogiros

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont use any trace elements or supplements. The 2 part system (ESV B-Ionic) that I use to maintain Alk/Cal has some trace elements in it, and between that and weekly water changes, I dont supplement anything else.
Thaks for the feedback

OP
OP
Elias Kalogiros

Elias Kalogiros

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick update after 5 months up and running. Everything is running pretty smoothly. I have added a bunch on livestock and the parameters are on point.
ZeoVit has been great and easy to follow and growth has really been unbelievable.
My setup has remained the same. I have added 2 more Zeovit additives:
1. Coral Vitalizer
2. LPS Amino Acid Concentrate
IMG_20180309_162322.jpg

OP
OP
Elias Kalogiros

Elias Kalogiros

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some advice.
I'm seeing a couple of aiptasia anemone's in my tank and I am freaking out because my last tank got overtaken by them.
Can anyone share their method of keeping these suckered under control. I have already gotten a peppermint shrimp which does not seem to have any interest in them.

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have, Diamond Goby, 2 sand sifting starfish and about 15 Nassarius snails. So this is just normal? Should I worry about it?

It’s normal but needs to be kept under control otherwise it can get out of hand

What are your ammonia, nitrate and phosphate levels

How many hours are your lights on

Does the cleanup crew avoid that area
Do you see trail marks etc

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back