OP
Elias Kalogiros

Elias Kalogiros

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a year of having my Zeovit tank I would like to post my full maintenance and Zeovit Dosing Schedule. I think that a lot of people would appreciate these details in order to compare it to their schedule. Let me know what you guys think. I hope this helps some people tweak their maintenance schedule. Here we go.

Tank Maintenance:
  • Clean the glass (Every Day).
  • Pump the Zeovit Reactor, once in the morning and once at night (Every Day).
  • Test Alkalinity (Hanna Tester) at 7 PM (same time Every Day).
  • Test Calcium, Nitrate & Phosphate (every week).
    • Calcium (Red Sea Kit)
    • Nitrate (NYOS Kit)
    • Phosphate (Hanna Tester)
  • Test Magnesium (Red Sea Kit) (once a month)
  • Empty and clean skimmer cup (Monday & Friday).
  • Change filter socks (Monday & Friday).
  • Feed fish 2 times a day.
    • Once with Apex auto-feeder 12:30 PM (dry food).
    • Once a variety of frozen food, when I get home from work between 5 PM and 9 PM.
    • 2 to 3 times a week I will also stick some Masstick fish food on the glass before I leave for work, for a little variety.
      • If you want to see all of your fish come out and randomly eat off of the glass this food is great! They take their time eating because they know the food is not going anywhere.
  • Water change 15 Gallons (about 11%) once a week on Wednesday.
    • I always vacuum the sand when doing the water change.
    • When I see the sump is getting a buildup of gunk I will do the water change from the sump, empty the whole thing out, use a wet vac to vacuum everything out and clean the glass. I will then put back 15 gallons of the clean new water and then use the old water to bring the water to the proper level (when emptying the sump I pull 2 gallons of water from the top of the sump so that I do not pull any of the gunk at the bottom. These are the bucket I use to refill the sump after I add the new water.
  • Change carbon, 1/2 liter in a reactor (Every 30 Days)
  • Change Zeolites, I leave 10% of the old media in the reactor to help seed the new media (Every 8 Weeks). I use a total of 1 liter of media (1 bag).
    • I dose Zeobak every day for 10 days after I change the media (5 drops per day)
  • Calibrate the PH probe and the salinity probe (every 3 months)
  • Clean all pumps. I soak them in 50/50 solution of vinegar and water for 1 hour, scrub them with a toothbrush, rinse them off and put them back. (every 3 months)
    • I do this in the coarse of a couple of days, doing one pump per day.
  • Clean MP40 flow pumps. I am running 2 VorTech MP40's. I have a 3rd wet side which I use while cleaning one at a time, this allows me to take my time without loosing flow in the tank. I soak the wet site in a 50/50 water to vinegar solution for 24 hours and scrub with a toothbrush. (every 8 weeks)
  • Water change 30%. I do a 15 gallon water change 3 days in a row. I do this just as a preventative measure to help with excess buildup of contaminants over the coarse of the year. (every year)
Zeovit Dosing:
  • ZEOStart 3: 1 ml every day (Using APEX DOS)(I DILUTE THIS PRODUCT, SEE BELOW)
    • I dilute ZEOStart 3 with boiled RO water using a 1:10 ratio and dose 5 ml two times a day.
  • ZEObak: 5 drops on Monday and Friday (by hand)
  • Sponge Power: 5 Drops every day (by hand)
  • Pohls Xtra: 5.2 ml every day (Using APEX DOS)
    • 2.6 ml two times a day

Last edited:
OP
OP
Elias Kalogiros

Elias Kalogiros

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build! Did you end up eradicating the aiptasia? Always cool to see other LI people on here :)

I went into the overflow and scraped as much as I could off but they are still in there. There is only 1 that I can see in the display which I injected yesterday. I have accepted that I will have to live with them and battle them one at a time as they show up in the display...LOL
Thumbs up for LI!!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back