New Reef in Louisiana

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
very nice mix of coral. They all look happy. We're glad you are here with us !!!

welcome-banner-3.jpeg

Last edited:

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Beautiful Tank, seriously I love the “flow” it has... coral placement is perfect. Make sure to start a tank thread and share all the details and progress!

OP
OP
TVV

TVV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
Thanks. Wow, your tank is awesome! I am looking to upgrade to 100+ gal. How do you like the Red Sea Max and did you have to upgrade any components it came with? My Biocube was a test to see if I could do the tasks required and liked what I was doing. Looks like you dove right in! Good for you.
I guess I was listening to Benjamin Franklin. "Never test the depth of the water with both feet".

OP
OP
TVV

TVV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R tanks looking good. Quite the list of places you have had the chance to snorkel in. Any place a favorite if so why?

A058156D-E657-487A-A3BE-7E86D4C9E2AF.jpeg
Yes. Got very fortunate in travels. I guess my favorite was Pagerungan Island in Indonesia. Very remote, virtually no contact with humans and the tribe that lived there didn't swim. It was an Atol not to far from Bali with the longest stretch across the Island was 2 miles. Kota Kinabalu Malaysia was fantastic too. snorkeling with my then 5 year old at Gili Island (Atol) we got within 10' of a school of yellow fin tuna. That was scary and super cool. Never happened to me before and never will! Brunei was great, reportedly the largest percentage of living reef in the world (75% in 1999). Thailand had some great spots too. Phi Phi Island was unbelievable before it got commercialized with hotels, civilization etc. Probably still good, just don't like crowds. Tonsai Bay at Phi Phi island was a primitive villiage as little as 24 years ago. The best memories and most strokeling was in Hawaii. The last time was in 1975 on Oahu and 2005 on the Big Island. Things changed a lot there over the years. I went to Puerto Rico 2 years ago. For the snorkeling crowd not so impressive as most is dead in the shallows <50 FT. Aruba is a bust as the tankers kicked up silt and destroyed the reefs. Barbados is Awesome but currents treacherous there. Singapore all dead. Regret not going to Australia and New Zealand. Thank you for your interest. I hope I did not bore you. I get fired up when thinking about overseas travels.

Will Milberger

Aggie Aquarist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy. TAMU 1983 PETE grad. Lived 10 years in SA and 5 in Odessa. Own House in SA and Property in Hunt. Great State!

1991 grad here. I was on the 10 year plan. Life kept getting in the way. Coached football in Hearne, Kerens and Newton. Small towns are great! Left to go into business with my brother about 12 years ago and came back home to the B-CS area.

OP
OP
TVV

TVV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1991 grad here. I was on the 10 year plan. Life kept getting in the way. Coached football in Hearne, Kerens and Newton. Small towns are great! Left to go into business with my brother about 12 years ago and came back home to the B-CS area.
Good stuff. Miss those days some. Seemed torturous at the time but now miss the freedom of poverty, struggle with life and not having to work a career. And Ohhh the girls, Ha Ha!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back