New Reef Teacher from Wisconsin.

The_MrSanty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.

4 years ago I set up a reef tank in our high school office to use in my Matine Biology class and to keep the office secretaries happy. I feel like we have rounded the corner and finally have a stable tank. We are slowly adding more livestock and as budget allows we will update equipment. I love using the tank to educate students and parents on the value of reefs and the oceans in general. I don’t know how I could help people in Wisconsin make such a connection without this tank.

Looking forward to equipment, livestock and technique recommendations that will enhance learning about our oceans.

Among many of the other classes I teach is an aquaculture class that focuses on raising native freshwater fish in Wisconsin.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
55343215-3C0C-48B6-AE0B-D1984DBCF4E4.gif

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! Thank you for using the reef tank to introduce the so many amazing concepts to your students. What species of freshwater native fishes do you work with?

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. It's awesome that you are able to teach young people about the ocean's reefs! And keeping the office staff happy is always a good idea. You'll get great advice here, and I'm sure you'll enjoy the interaction with our members. Do you have any pictures of the tank?

Bassmaster116

IDK what im doing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.

4 years ago I set up a reef tank in our high school office to use in my Matine Biology class and to keep the office secretaries happy. I feel like we have rounded the corner and finally have a stable tank. We are slowly adding more livestock and as budget allows we will update equipment. I love using the tank to educate students and parents on the value of reefs and the oceans in general. I don’t know how I could help people in Wisconsin make such a connection without this tank.

Looking forward to equipment, livestock and technique recommendations that will enhance learning about our oceans.

Among many of the other classes I teach is an aquaculture class that focuses on raising native freshwater fish in Wisconsin.
Welcome fellow Wisconsinite!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back