New Reef Teacher from Wisconsin.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef, @The_MrSanty! We are at your service here!

Glad you joined us! I for one look up to professional educator's for teaching young minds about our environment and to educate them to respect, value the world around us.

Big props to you for doing what you do! You are truly one of many that us marine hobbyist value greatly!

If you need assistance here on Reef2reef, just #reefsquad and we would be more than willing to aid you!

Once again, thank you for joining us!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi everyone.

4 years ago I set up a reef tank in our high school office to use in my Matine Biology class and to keep the office secretaries happy. I feel like we have rounded the corner and finally have a stable tank. We are slowly adding more livestock and as budget allows we will update equipment. I love using the tank to educate students and parents on the value of reefs and the oceans in general. I don’t know how I could help people in Wisconsin make such a connection without this tank.

Looking forward to equipment, livestock and technique recommendations that will enhance learning about our oceans.

Among many of the other classes I teach is an aquaculture class that focuses on raising native freshwater fish in Wisconsin.

This is a great idea. Best of luck with the project.

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@The_MrSanty welcome to R2R. Please kick off your fins and stay a while.

Also please share some photos of the school setup.

giphy.gif

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20 years ago, my biology teacher in high school had an eel tank that was beautiful. It got me into keeping SW immediately. Low and behold, in my mid thirties, I’m still keeping SW tanks. I’m a teacher as well. So welcome aboard! Glad to have you with us.

Myinvert3dlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.

4 years ago I set up a reef tank in our high school office to use in my Matine Biology class and to keep the office secretaries happy. I feel like we have rounded the corner and finally have a stable tank. We are slowly adding more livestock and as budget allows we will update equipment. I love using the tank to educate students and parents on the value of reefs and the oceans in general. I don’t know how I could help people in Wisconsin make such a connection without this tank.

Looking forward to equipment, livestock and technique recommendations that will enhance learning about our oceans.

Among many of the other classes I teach is an aquaculture class that focuses on raising native freshwater fish in Wisconsin.
Welcome!

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.

Welcome to R2R fellow Wisconsinite! If you don’t mind me asking, which High school do you teach at?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back