AJnanoreef

AJnanoreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Andy!

There is a Chico Reef Club , not very active though. They mainly use a Facebook group from what I understand. there is also a Chico Reef Club page here on R2R but looks like it’s been a year since there has been any activity.

We have a club in Redding, also pretty informal these days, get together a few times mainly use a Facebook page for communication. I don’t have Facebook so I communicate via text and phone calls, lol. Private message me for more info if you’d like
thanks for the info

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reef2Reef members
My name is Andy and I’m new and from northern California chico to be exact. the area I am from doesn’t have a LFS that I no of the closest one I have found is little over an hour so have been using this forum to help get started with my saltwater aquarium. I have a 26 gallon Redsea Max Nano peninsula it’s a AIO system. Just added sand and my dry rock not live rock and started my cycle with Dr.Tims fish-less cycle on day 10 :) hopefully can add fish and corals soon. And would like to find others in the area that are also in this hobby to learn from.

Hi Andy and Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Ibafoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Andy!

There is a Chico Reef Club , not very active though. They mainly use a Facebook group from what I understand. there is also a Chico Reef Club page here on R2R but looks like it’s been a year since there has been any activity.

We have a club in Redding, also pretty informal these days, get together a few times mainly use a Facebook page for communication. I don’t have Facebook so I communicate via text and phone calls, lol. Private message me for more info if you’d like
Hi, I grew up in Redding and am moving to Trinity County soon. Just starting out. Are there any decent LFS in the Redding area?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi Reef2Reef members
My name is Andy and I’m new and from northern California chico to be exact. the area I am from doesn’t have a LFS that I no of the closest one I have found is little over an hour so have been using this forum to help get started with my saltwater aquarium. I have a 26 gallon Redsea Max Nano peninsula it’s a AIO system. Just added sand and my dry rock not live rock and started my cycle with Dr.Tims fish-less cycle on day 10 :) hopefully can add fish and corals soon. And would like to find others in the area that are also in this hobby to learn from.
Welcome Andy! Reef2Reef is a great place to join. Lots of knowledgeable and friendly people!

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im in Redding. Norcal corals and The Deep. Norcal is salt only.
They all have basic frags. I now buy most online or trade with locals.
I have quite a few standard mini colonies and stags I need to find homes for or they will go into the carx bucket soon

I am making room for higher end frags in the future.

Funny I just met a guy yesterday at the lfs thats lives near the Trinity center. Cant get home because he has no 4x4.

Currently running 4 tanks, 3 total systems.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 18.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back