New Reefbot issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Pete_the_Puma

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello!

I ordered the reefbot about 2 weeks ago and finally had a chance to install it today!

Things were going ok until I scheduled the first test, Alkalinty came back at 5.3 (unlikely lol) and then i checked it out:

1563768384210.png

Syringe is all bent?!?

I'm obviously going to repalce it but how do I ensure the same fate does not await syringe number two, do I need to make sure nothing else is broken?

Pete

OP
OP
Pete_the_Puma

Pete_the_Puma

View Badges
Reaction score
From watching a second test run (after cutting off the syringe tip) it seems the syringe assembly does not "lift" high enough to clear the rows of test tubes...

I'm debating whether to let the test run or unplug the unit?

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Just let it go. This has been an issue for me as well. The needle gets high enough for sure, but it is a verticality issue. If the needle plunges at a slight angle into the membrane, it will bend as it plunges.

OP
OP
Pete_the_Puma

Pete_the_Puma

View Badges
Reaction score
Well i figured out the problem, but not the solution...

The syringe assembly somehow came off its rails. I gently placed it back but now the default position is low and I cannot replace the syringe needle or tell the reefbot to stop scraping all the test vials...

Any way to hard reset the device (unplugged and replugged with no effect) so that it raises the syringe assembly?

P

OP
OP
Pete_the_Puma

Pete_the_Puma

View Badges
Reaction score
Just let it go. This has been an issue for me as well. The needle gets high enough for sure, but it is a verticality issue. If the needle plunges at a slight angle into the membrane, it will bend as it plunges.

What do you mean when you say "let it go"? Have you seen the picture? I cant complete a single test this way no way I'm letting 900$ "just go" lol!

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Well i figured out the problem, but not the solution...

The syringe assembly somehow came off its rails. I gently placed it back but now the default position is low and I cannot replace the syringe needle or tell the reefbot to stop scraping all the test vials...

Any way to hard reset the device (unplugged and replugged with no effect) so that it raises the syringe assembly?

P
Oh that’s bad! Unplug it for sure!

Blizzahjh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
On my first start up this happened to me as well, bent my first needle right over. I opened the electrical with the power off and just gently squeezed all connections to make sure they were tight. After i restarted the system a few days later the problem was gone, not sure if a connector was loose or whether the issue corrected itself after being powered off for a few days. Also make sure you got all the pieces of styrofoam out of the unit, there was 1 piece inside that was hard to see.

Ive since done easily 90+ tests and havent had a single issue since, hopefully this helps you with your issue.

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
They had me bend the tray that houses the vials down a bit - light pressure on the center of the tray, just enough so that the needle clears all the vial lids as it moves across. Did this 2 months back and working perfectly ever since.

OP
OP
Pete_the_Puma

Pete_the_Puma

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm in contact with Reefkinetics I think we can work this out.

It's not even close to clearing the vials, the syringe apparatus is just way too low and wont lift up... no amount of bending would fix this one.

OP
OP
Pete_the_Puma

Pete_the_Puma

View Badges
Reaction score
I powered off the Reefbot for a while, checked all connectors and re-poowered the device, it works great now!

Thanks all

Last edited:

TrimericDust2

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey I have been having an issue with my reefbot for over 6 months now. Somehow my internet went off, after it came back on my reefbot’s lights turned from blue to red and it will not perform any tests scheduled or otherwise. I have the app on my phone and it is not responding to anything I tell it to do. I finally disconnected it from the app and unplugged the unit. This resulted in me not being able to reconnect it. After plugging it back in the lights would just come back on red. I have messaged reefbot numerous times. At the start they were willing to help but eventually they stopped getting back to me. I now have a $900 dollar piece of reefing equipment that was just a big waste of money

BuBBly FiSh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hey I have been having an issue with my reefbot for over 6 months now. Somehow my internet went off, after it came back on my reefbot’s lights turned from blue to red and it will not perform any tests scheduled or otherwise. I have the app on my phone and it is not responding to anything I tell it to do. I finally disconnected it from the app and unplugged the unit. This resulted in me not being able to reconnect it. After plugging it back in the lights would just come back on red. I have messaged reefbot numerous times. At the start they were willing to help but eventually they stopped getting back to me. I now have a $900 dollar piece of reefing equipment that was just a big waste of money
Go to their Facebook page and post but not in private. That is what I had to do.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back