New Reefer 40gal Aquatop AIO Build Progression

CleanRiversDirtRoads

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody! I am brand new to this whole thing and just finished cycling my 40 gallon aqua top a couple weeks back. I just added my first six fish last week and everybody seems to be happy!

So far, I have one powerhead (since two seemed like it was too strong for the young fish), skimmer, ATO, viparspectra light, HMS rail, and I made a temporary lid out of egg crate.

I plan on adding corals soon, but I want all of the levels to be stable after adding the fish. It’s currently stocked with: 2 clowns, one flame hawkfish, one blue tang, a royal gramma, and a cardinal fish. I know the tang will quickly outgrow this setup and plan to move him to the new tank I’m building out in a year or so. Just growing him in this one until I finish the other tank.

If anybody has any suggestions or tips on stocking or choosing corals, I’d love to hear them! Id also love to hear input on how you all think the fish are doing. They all seem happy and healthy, but I love the input of people with more experience than me.
1E8E9569-63F9-4BB7-8146-1076A0F05806.jpeg

129B63C5-25D7-437F-ACA0-221A8DB25F1D.jpeg
370F560A-A5E6-49EF-A72D-A0C496FA1F3C.jpeg

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Aquatop AIO 24 gallon at my office; great tanks. And you did a superb job aqua scaping. (That Blue Tang is not long for that tank-- but you already know that.) Don't forget to take things slowly, but great job so far. Welcome to R2R. PS: A nice green Leather Coral would look great in there. Very hardy, too.

OP
OP
C

CleanRiversDirtRoads

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Aquatop AIO 24 gallon at my office; great tanks. And you did a superb job aqua scaping. (That Blue Tang is not long for that tank-- but you already know that.) Don't forget to take things slowly, but great job so far. Welcome to R2R. PS: A nice green Leather Coral would look great in there. Very hardy, too.
Thanks so much for the feedback and the advice on the coral! I’ll definitely try to track one of those down! The tang will definitely not be there long — looking forward to the bigger setup he will occupy in the near future!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back