White Cat Hello GIF

Hi MANDY! Glad to have you here. :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

OP
OP
M

mandyvan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1653330175187.gif

Welcome to the forum!
(I love pacu)
We took a tour at a Disney park in Orlando, I believe it was Epcot Center. During the part of the ride through the hydroponics area, we saw some Pacu and they said those were the fish they serve in their restaurants. Not sure if they were joking, but no one ordered the fish.

Lately I have found that I just cannot bring myself to eat fish or seafood! Just me?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We took a tour at a Disney park in Orlando, I believe it was Epcot Center. During the part of the ride through the hydroponics area, we saw some Pacu and they said those were the fish they serve in their restaurants. Not sure if they were joking, but no one ordered the fish.

Lately I have found that I just cannot bring myself to eat fish or seafood! Just me?
I haven’t seen pacu there, but have seen tilapia, bass, and catfish.
I’m not sure if the ones at the tour are used for food, but definitely the same species.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’m Mandy. Joining this hobby with my husband. We had freshwater fish about 20 years ago with Cichlids and Pacu in a 120 gallon. Total tankwreckers when they got big, LFS bought them for good money! We moved and did not set up anything new until now, and decided this time to go with saltwater.

My husband spent a great deal of time researching the hobby before purchasing anything. I learned through osmosis and he must have done something right to get me to agree. ;)

We have a 65 gallon and a 73 gallon tank in our living room. We spend most of our evenings here staring at the tanks or doing more research. A few other tanks such as QT, interesting critters, and other water stuff hubby handles. He must have an eye for the rockwork, or lucky, lots of cool routes for fish to swim and stick some coral.

3B12845E-682E-4C21-8500-1B67BC818CBB.jpeg 708E075B-8C63-430E-BD66-359F15C704AF.jpeg
few things that gets new SW keepers:

DO NOT USE TAP WATER

Use RODI or distilled, never use tap water in a SW tank.

There are basically no reef safe treatments for diseases

you need to topoff tank water

OP
OP
M

mandyvan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
few things that gets new SW keepers:

DO NOT USE TAP WATER

Use RODI or distilled, never use tap water in a SW tank.

There are basically no reef safe treatments for diseases

you need to topoff tank water
Thanks for looking out! We do RODI with saltwater and fresh RODI water top offs, Apex gear. It had been so long since we did freshwater anyway and did a lot of saltwater research before starting.

Back