OP
OP
RudyvandenBerg

RudyvandenBerg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any other refers from South Africa? I would like to know them... I am having a hard time finding a place to get good SPS coral (across in particular) where do you guys get your coral from?

Hey Sharir.

I'm in Centurion but I have two go-to spots for my livestock. Sterlig Fish world in Roodepoort and Lifestyle pets in Cresta. Lifestyle pets being my preferred supplier. There is a spot out next to Greenstone mall but they seem to want to sell one coral and then close up shop for the rest of the month having made ALL the profit they need....

Theres also Wazeers out at the airport side but I have not been impressed any of the few times I have been out there.

If you are looking for prize winner highly collectable corals, theres a place close to Greenstone mall also but we are talking R3000 to R10000 each.

If you need contact details, drop me a PM.

OP
OP
RudyvandenBerg

RudyvandenBerg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He
welcome back to the hobby.
can you believe how much has changed?? I was also out for 20 years.
welcome to the show.
:cool:
Hell yeah... In my day it was VERY basic in comparison and as a result I consider myself a complete newbie now again. The sheer volume of information, products, equipment, medication not to mention livestock available now vs then... o_O

jamo130788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome- originally from Cape Town, live in Chicago now. I still speak to The store owner of Sams aquarium in Bergvliet. Last time I was there he told me getting coral was extra hard because of the Indo shutdown. South Africa just doesn’t have the domestic market that the US has- frag swaps etc. he told me this past December that he might resume importing the Indo aqua-cultured stuff this year(2020), so I would give him a call and maybe he could fedex you a box up to Jozi. I would wait till this Covid 19 thing is over, can only assume Imports are halted till the virus dies down.

OP
OP
RudyvandenBerg

RudyvandenBerg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome- originally from Cape Town, live in Chicago now. I still speak to The store owner of Sams aquarium in Bergvliet. Last time I was there he told me getting coral was extra hard because of the Indo shutdown. South Africa just doesn’t have the domestic market that the US has- frag swaps etc. he told me this past December that he might resume importing the Indo aqua-cultured stuff this year(2020), so I would give him a call and maybe he could fedex you a box up to Jozi. I would wait till this Covid 19 thing is over, can only assume Imports are halted till the virus dies down.

Yup, not just halted - no livestock may be sold, traded or swapped during the lockdown...

Sharir

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol
Please let your guy know that I am interested in buying from him. Ask him if he can Shipp to Durban. I am a Durban knight ;Hilarious

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you believe how much has changed?? I was also out for 20 years.
In my day it was VERY basic in comparison and as a result I consider myself a complete newbie now again. The sheer volume of information, products, equipment, medication not to mention livestock available now vs then... o_O
I would swear it used to be easier. The likelihood for disease seems to have increased, and the technology blows my mind. I miss the days of egg crate under crushed coral along with powerheads placed strategically under a pile of rocks. But I'm still loving it. I guess you could say it is more challenging.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back