New reefer here live rock with algae

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Have a new mushroom coral with a lot of algae on live rock no algae in tank but have snails what should I do

image.jpg image.jpg

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a new mushroom coral with a lot of algae on live rock no algae in tank but have snails what should I do

image.jpg image.jpg
Honestly if that’s the extent of it, I wouldn’t worry. The snails will get it in time. If it gets worse you can address it. It’s pretty standard for new rock to ultimately go through a succession of various life, including micro algae on the path towards becoming ”mature live rock”

OP
OP
Stephen8169301

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Honestly if that’s the extent of it, I wouldn’t worry. The snails will get it in time. If it gets worse you can address it. It’s pretty standard for new rock to ultimately go through a succession of various life, including micro algae on the path towards becoming ”mature live rock”
Thank you for the help. I ended up putting it in. Anyway to help identify the mushroom type coral or is that all you really call it? It has these plant type things that come out that resemble Xenias

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back