New Reefer Looking For Corals in ETRC

C-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I finished cycling my reef two weeks ago. I got my YWG and pistol shrimp Sunday. This Saturday I picked up a healthy 4 head Duncan from Aquatic Marine. Its doing really well, fully extended, really good feeding response, and sprouting a new head. However, that Duncan was quite pricey. I just now finally found the reefing community around me, here, on the ETRC subforum! I was hoping that I might be able to meet with someone who has extra softies or LPS that are good for beginners to buy some. I really like Aquatic Marine, but they don't always have the corals I want, and their prices are usually pretty high. I live in Norris, about 20 minutes from Aquatic Marine, 30 from downtown Knoxville. Thanks!

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome @C-Reefer!

08456c2a6acd6948408a10d2e6417d05.jpg

Lots of reefers in ETRC, just not many in here lately. LOL!!!

OP
OP
C-Reefer

C-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!! I've already been amazed by how friendly this forum is! I have another forum which is great for my FW, but only a few SW people. Beautiful tank!! You happen to have any corals that you want to sell that I could actually grow :p? Btw I love your tank, so colorful and healthy!

I'm so happy I finally found my reefing community! I was afraid Knoxville was a dead spot for reefers, and I wouldn't have anybody to meet and share knowledge with and get corals from. But its going to be amazing. Right now the only spot I can get info is from the other forum and Aquatic Marine, and the staff doesn't usually want to sit around and chat for 30 minutes haha.

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I’ve got some stuff for ya. Free. I’ll pm my address and digits.

I love Aquatic Marine! Trey, Jake and Taybra are the best. Historically at least, they’ve been the primary ETRC “go to”. ETRC has held its meetings there.

OP
OP
C-Reefer

C-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are amazing. They helped me first get into the hobby back when I first started in FW. Is Taybra the girl that works there? Can I just show up the the meetings when they happen?

Thank you so much! Your amazing.

OP
OP
C-Reefer

C-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and here's a shot of my tank right now. Thought you guys might like to see. I'll be starting a build thread soon!
P1050829.JPG

P1050831.JPG

Palyzoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! ETRC is a great group of people, activity has been a bit slow lately tho.

Joshua Hurst

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im about to sell all my corals in my tank, and start a new grow tank. Ive got all the stuff, but im just waiting for a good full day of making the move so i can take good pics in the new tank. pm will come soon! and welcome!!!

OP
OP
C-Reefer

C-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im about to sell all my corals in my tank, and start a new grow tank. Ive got all the stuff, but im just waiting for a good full day of making the move so i can take good pics in the new tank. pm will come soon! and welcome!!!

Sounds amazing! I will be eagerly awaiting a PM.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back