New Reefer Paranoia - Good For A Laugh

yow.chris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers,

Brand new to the hobby / addiction. Waterbox Cube 20.

Currently have 2 clownfish and a handful of corals in a tank that I set-up following Jake Adams' series on putting a nano tank together in a day, over at Reef Builders.

One of my corals is a green star polyp that I placed on an island so it hopefully won't take over too much territory. Anyway, about a week ago I spotted a bristle worm moving through the grass, but he disappeared before I could get my tongs out.

I pulled the rock and dipped it but no luck. Not sure if he escaped back into the sand or what.

As luck would have it, he reappeared yesterday and I got him out. Of course I've been a bit nervous wondering if they're are others or what other creatures are in my new tank that I'm not even aware of.

Later in the afternoon I spotted 2 small reflections on the glass. Translucent, disc/oval shaped with bright blue dots for eyes? Spent about 45 minutes Googling worms and couldn't find a convincing match.

Decided to just pull them from the tank but when I reached in there.....there was nothing.

They were two dried water drops on the outside glass.

This hobby may not be for me!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Reefers,

Brand new to the hobby / addiction. Waterbox Cube 20.

Currently have 2 clownfish and a handful of corals in a tank that I set-up following Jake Adams' series on putting a nano tank together in a day, over at Reef Builders.

One of my corals is a green star polyp that I placed on an island so it hopefully won't take over too much territory. Anyway, about a week ago I spotted a bristle worm moving through the grass, but he disappeared before I could get my tongs out.

I pulled the rock and dipped it but no luck. Not sure if he escaped back into the sand or what.

As luck would have it, he reappeared yesterday and I got him out. Of course I've been a bit nervous wondering if they're are others or what other creatures are in my new tank that I'm not even aware of.

Later in the afternoon I spotted 2 small reflections on the glass. Translucent, disc/oval shaped with bright blue dots for eyes? Spent about 45 minutes Googling worms and couldn't find a convincing match.

Decided to just pull them from the tank but when I reached in there.....there was nothing.

They were two dried water drops on the outside glass.

This hobby may not be for me!

Hahaha!! No this means the hobby is exactly for you! You care!!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
call me crazy,but after 30yrs reefing ,just got done with the nightly midnight flashlight run.. :rolleyes: :cool:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back