New reefer who bought a Red Sea 350

Rob.bucek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello. My name is Sergio and I am from Montreal in Canada. I am a brand new reefer and I have just purchased a Red Sea 350. I am quite intimidated by the amount of knowledge that I must absorb in order to get started. I was able to assemble the cabinet with a friend and put up the tank on top of it. That is it so far : )
Sergio
Welcome, what made you jump onboard in spite of all that?

Glenner’sreef

1968 - 2021 definitely “HOOKED”
View Badges
Reaction score
Welcome Sergio! Go ahead....fill it with water! Do it!
F101CF4A-E911-4B90-A30D-7277F94681F9.gif

https://www.youtube.com/c/ReefStache
First Choice

BiggestE222

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello. My name is Sergio and I am from Montreal in Canada. I am a brand new reefer and I have just purchased a Red Sea 350. I am quite intimidated by the amount of knowledge that I must absorb in order to get started. I was able to assemble the cabinet with a friend and put up the tank on top of it. That is it so far : )
Sergio

tbrown3589

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Sergio
Welcome to Reef2Reef! This is definitely a great place to absorb information from.

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Marketplace Rating
View Shop
Reaction score
Welcome to da Reef! Don’t be intimidated just take it slow. Sounds like you’re already cautious...So you are already 75% ahead of most beginners. Most beginners fail by over stocking buying everything that looks cool, dosing stuff recommended by LFS without researching or knowledge of how their own tank is working, getting it set up then neglecting/forgetting about it. Have fun, enjoy it, and soak up all the info on Reef2Reef and you will be good!

Have you ever grown your own live aquarium food?

• YES and it was a success (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • YES but I couldn't sustain it long term

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • NO, I tried but couldn't

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • NO, I have never tried

Votes: 39 50.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.3%
Top Shelf Aquatics