OP
MickoftheSea

MickoftheSea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also check out the journey of Darth Goober, one of my crazy hermits who just might be un-killable. (I am not trying to kill him, he somehow survived through all my failures and mistakes and gets really angry about it).

OP
OP
MickoftheSea

MickoftheSea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank update:

So my Xenia was real sad but after I saw him hanging on for over a week, I decided to make an effort to save him. I did some research and I think my biggest issue was flow. Because of the size of the tank there is no powerhead small enough. So I went to DIY. I cut a hole in the grate where the sump pushed water into the tank. I got 3/8 clear tubing and wedged it in there to get water directly from the pump, kinked alittle and boom, increased flow! Same idea as putting your thumb over a water hose to increase pressure.

I’m still little worried about the Xenia. I read they like dirty water, so I’ve been over feeding alittle my hermits with some nuggets, also I have a dead GSP still rotting in the tank. If anyone has any tips, feel free to share.

I also have a starfish now, hitchhiked from the Xenia rock. So I am taking name ideas for my starfish and new snail.
I also have a starfish now, hitchhiked from the Xenia rock. So I am taking name ideas for my starfish and new snail.

Finally, new discovery: I somehow skipped right to green spot algae and am now getting Dinos. I don’t know how but hey, I’m new so I’m just enjoying the life coming to my tank.

Attachments

• 80B703B8-AEBC-48F2-A74B-BAA94625DFE8.jpeg
    80B703B8-AEBC-48F2-A74B-BAA94625DFE8.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 0B532F7F-299B-4192-B996-FBC10A62925C.jpeg
    0B532F7F-299B-4192-B996-FBC10A62925C.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 60

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back