New Reefkeeper

Tmo501

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I am new to reef-keeping and decided to start with a 10 gallon nano setup.
Here is what I am using:
- 10 gallon hob filter w/chemi pure blue and filter floss
- 50 w Fluval heater
- Sicce voyager 1000 circ pump
- Current Orbit Marine led light with daytime light settings of Reds: 30% Whites: 20% Blues: 100% Greens: 10%

Livestock
- 1 turbo snail
- 4 hermit crabs
- 1 firefish
- Green Button palys
- Pulsing Xenia
- GSP

The scape consists of dry rock and crushed coral for substrate

currently feeding tank 1-2 pellets twice a day, water changes weekly w/rodi water and instant ocean reef crystals

any tips/advice?
reef pic.jpg

OP
OP
T

Tmo501

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish only eats 2-4 pellets a day?
Currently yes. With him as the only fish in the tank, I only feed a couple of pellets per day, crushed up as they are too big for his mouth. Do you think feeding more would be beneficial? they are the omega one 2mm marine pellets.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like feeding frozen over pellet. At least get yourself a variety. I currently have 5 or 6 different frozen things along with pellets. Do you test your water? Just wondering why the chemipure blue.

OP
OP
T

Tmo501

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like feeding frozen over pellet. At least get yourself a variety. I currently have 5 or 6 different frozen things along with pellets. Do you test your water? Just wondering why the chemipure blue.
Thanks for the response!
I test for basic nutrient levels and have seen high phosphate levels recently. I had been battling diatoms and nuisance algae, which I assumed were taking up phosphate and silicates, so I tried Chemi pure blue. So far it has been doing a good job.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be careful of bottoming out is my concern. Dinos are a whole new nightmare.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back