New seneye soon?

Discussion in 'AQD_Seneye' started by Tikosyn, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Tikosyn

Tikosyn Active Member

So I am really interested in the Seneye Reef monitor purely for the PAR montioring capabilities but am nervous to pull the trigger due to the potential new seneye monitors coming soon. I am talking about the seneye coral and seneye spectrum monitors.

My question is, will these monitors have par monitoring capabilities as well? And can you share any details about where these products are in development? Thank you.

AQD-Seneye likes this.
    Tags:

2. AQD-Seneye

AQD-Seneye Active Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Hi,
    Many thanks for your interest in seneye.

The Seneye Spectra will be the first new model to launch this will be followed by the plant and then the Coral. All 3 are in development and on target now the leak sensors are coming off Beta. I cant give an accurate time frame other than they all should be roughly 3 months apart from each other. The Coral will have a PAR meter and of course the Spectra a very advanced light reading system.

The Spectra will be quite a bit more pricey than the Reef as it has a very narrow reading range and significant software build, so for the active hobbyist, the Reef will remain the mainstay for light monitoring.

My suggestion would be to get the Reef now as it is on sale for 10% off at premium aquatics, marine depot, saltwateraquarium and aqua cave.

If I can help further please let me know.

ndrwater likes this.
  3. Devaji

Devaji Valuable Member

so what does the coral do that the reef cant? wondering if I should wait..guessing xmass time? or get the reef now.
    I am mainly interested in the ammonia and par..

thanks guys

AQD-Seneye likes this.
  4. AQD-Seneye

The coral won’t do ammonia so the best unit for you would be the Reef available now.

5. Devaji

Devaji Valuable Member

well I do have the full apex + I am a mac user dont even have a PC in the house. so I guess I cant use the seneye with out the wifi module?
    that an expense I cant buy just for a par meter. is there a work around. glad I found out its PC based before I got one.

pretty much just need a par meter while I move and reset up my tank.

6. AQD-Seneye

Hiya
    All our Mac users have cross over softerwsre in their Macs so I would of thought you may have that if so you can run the Seneye software. Alternatively any cheap modern windows based note pad with a USB port still makes the Seneye the cheapest and most accurate PAR meter on the market.

Devaji likes this.
  7. Devaji

Devaji Valuable Member

ah ok I will look into a cheap table with USB port any recommendations?

any specials for those that cant make it to aquashell?? :D

8. Devaji

Devaji Valuable Member

also is the seneye USB 2.0 or 3.0?
    thanks

9. AQD-Seneye

Cheapest you can find just make sure it has an up to date windows OP

Premiums, saltwater aquariums aqua cave and aquarium specialty have 10% off right now.

10. HawaiianReef

HawaiianReef Active Member

AQD-Seneye likes this.
  11. Nmb

Nmb Member

Any update on the release date for the seneye coral? Thanks.

12. AQD-Seneye

Latest on the roll out is the Leak sensors are now off of Beta and will be in the USA before Christmas. The Seneye Spectra has gone to Practical fish keeping magazine in the UK for alpha testing before Beta testing is released. The the Seneye Plant will follow on and then the Coral. Release is dependent on each product in sequence being fully Beta tested. The Coral is last in the list as all units prior build on the technology required to make the Coral work.

The reference slide has been put through its paces at wide range tests and has now been lab refined to low range testing, it now awaits final lab time after work on the Spectra is complete. This time will be first spent on the plant Co2 referencing which is then used in the coral.

Nmb likes this.