New Set Up

christyj3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have an updated picture of my set up, but I’ve done more with it since this photo was taken. I have been researching nonstop for the past three weeks on BRS tv’s YouTube channel and I’ve learned so much! I’m VERY new to the hobby. So far I have a crab-only tank. I know your “clean-up crew” is supposed to go last, but my boyfriend accidentally brought hermit crabs home from the beach while he was on a work trip. He always brings me shells as souvenirs when he has a job near the beach, and this is the first time he’s ever accidentally brought something home that was alive. We felt SO bad, so we decided that we would give them the best home possible and immediately put them in QT until our tank set-up cycled. This photo is our 55 gallon. That’s how my saltwater aquarium journey started. How about you?

AE8FE342-20DD-4F6B-B48F-AABC9A79A40E.jpeg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! My journey started 30 years ago seeing my uncles tank. Wanted one ever since.

OP
OP
christyj3

christyj3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have an updated picture of my set up, but I’ve done more with it since this photo was taken. I have been researching nonstop for the past three weeks on BRS tv’s YouTube channel and I’ve learned so much! I’m VERY new to the hobby. So far I have a crab-only tank. I know your “clean-up crew” is supposed to go last, but my boyfriend accidentally brought hermit crabs home from the beach while he was on a work trip. He always brings me shells as souvenirs when he has a job near the beach, and this is the first time he’s ever accidentally brought something home that was alive. We felt SO bad, so we decided that we would give them the best home possible and immediately put them in QT until our tank set-up cycled. This photo is our 55 gallon. That’s how my saltwater aquarium journey started. How about you?

AE8FE342-20DD-4F6B-B48F-AABC9A79A40E.jpeg
We have added more live rock since this photo was taken. Can’t wait to see where our saltwater journey takes us years down the road.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back