OP
OP
Laith

Laith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So finally some more pictures. Bear with me as I'm still on a learning curve on the DSLR and editing to compensate for the LED lighting... ;Bookworm

Some LPS:

IMG_5701.jpg

IMG_5702.jpg

IMG_5703.jpg

OP
OP
Laith

Laith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also took a video using the DSLR and it turned out to be a jerky mess. Will try again soon.

Any comments or suggestions on how I could improve the photography are welcome, even negative ones!

OP
OP
Laith

Laith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing that I have noticed about the Mitras lighting: the coverage is excellent.

On my previous tank I was using the Hydra 52 HDs. They are excellent lights and grew coral really well but I did notice that the undersides of SPS corals were often white with no polyps.

With the Mitras I am not seeing that at all. The polyp density on the underside of the SPS is less than on the upper side but at least 50-70% of the density on top.

For me this could indicate that there is much less shadowing and better overall coverage of light.

OP
OP
Laith

Laith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finished my first bag of the EasyBooster and when I replaced it I also installed the EasySPS. I've started the EasySPS as per their recommendation of 1ml/250l per day as a starting dose (working up to 4ml/250l per day). So I'm dosing 0.3ml 24x per day on the doser.

At the same time I've reduced my daily Fauna Marin AMIN dose from 8ml to 6ml. The plan is to continue to decrease the AMIN dosing as I ramp up the EasySPS doses.

EasyBooster & SPS.jpeg

OP
OP
Laith

Laith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want a way to see the tank and sump area when I'm not at home. So I got this to test:

Abus webcam.jpg

It's actually a HD security camera with IR capability. You can pan the camera from side to side and up and down remotely. The quality is fantastic:

Abus test.PNG

That was taken when I was testing the camera aimed at the end of the tank.

I've ordered a second one. The plan is to put one above the tank pointing down so that I can see into the tank (will probably need to stop the Gyres remotely to be able to see into the tank!) and see the weir as well. The second one will go under the tank to give me a view of the sump area.

OP
OP
Laith

Laith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm away from home this week. Before we left I set up one of the cameras under the tank and the second one I decided to set up in front of the tank with the side door open so I can see the entire tank plus the overflow. When I get home the second one will go above the tank.

Here is what I see remotely on my phone...

Under the tank:

Sump.PNG

In front of the tank:

Tank.PNG

It gives a lot of peace of mind to be able to look at the tank live like this!

OP
OP
Laith

Laith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if I mentioned this previously, but here is the chiller for the tank ;Joyful:

Aircon pic.jpeg

Whisper quiet, no heat and it cools the whole room!

But the best part is that I can control it from anywhere. Here is a screenshot:

Aircon.PNG

So if I see the tank temp going up via the Profilux, I can change the temp setting on the air conditioner.

It's been set at 24C while I've been away and the tank temperature is between 26.4 and 26.6, exactly where I want it (set point is 26.5).

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm seriously considering a second camera for my sump. I have a camera on my tank which saved me over the weekend when I noticed the return blowing air bubbles. ATO sensor was fouled thus no top off water. I was able to cycle the ATO on/off manually to force some water in (Tunze runs for a few seconds when its powered on), but I had no idea what the level actually was. Since I didn't have eyes on the sump I had to guess how much water was being added (without going over!)

OP
OP
Laith

Laith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm seriously considering a second camera for my sump. I have a camera on my tank which saved me over the weekend when I noticed the return blowing air bubbles. ATO sensor was fouled thus no top off water. I was able to cycle the ATO on/off manually to force some water in (Tunze runs for a few seconds when its powered on), but I had no idea what the level actually was. Since I didn't have eyes on the sump I had to guess how much water was being added (without going over!)

As far as I'm concerned, worth every penny to have the possibility of having eyes on the tank (and sump)!

Ashir Parekh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finished my first bag of the EasyBooster and when I replaced it I also installed the EasySPS. I've started the EasySPS as per their recommendation of 1ml/250l per day as a starting dose (working up to 4ml/250l per day). So I'm dosing 0.3ml 24x per day on the doser.

At the same time I've reduced my daily Fauna Marin AMIN dose from 8ml to 6ml. The plan is to continue to decrease the AMIN dosing as I ramp up the EasySPS doses.

EasyBooster & SPS.jpeg

Hey, how are you finding this product? I am considering using it.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 60.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back