New T5/LED Hybrid Lighting Fixture - nearly universal BYO - Aquatic Life

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious to see if people feel sticking with AB+ is better or adding the T-5's in addition to the AB+ for better spread.

I plan to do a slightly modified radion gen 3 AB+ spectrum with the T5 Bulb AB+ spectrum. I plan to let the T5's handle 65% of the overall par while my radion adds 35%. However, the fixture has 4 bulbs so that may produce a ton of par already, so my percentages may change once I have the actual setup going. This all going to be hung over a 20 gallon nuvo fusion.

However, I'm waiting for the universal tank mounts. Couldn't find any old ones on the market so I can't do anything until those mounts are available. It's why I haven't preordered the 24" fixture yet, I need to make sure I have a good mounting kit.

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
We are waiting for confirmation that the retailer have received the products and they can start advising on their ship dates to customers.

Bronx19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the good news is the wait shouldn't be too much longer. It looks like our delivery is arriving today, so we should have them in house and ready to ship very shortly!

Good news. One small catch, can I get you to scribble Australia on the shipping label?

tony21523

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it is a pretty nice setup. I use a Kessil A350W above a 24" tank, and it could use some help in to fill in the shadows. This setup gives plenty of flexibility for future lighting options. Glad that I came across your post. Do you know when the official release date will be?

Bronx19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I get some info on the power supply for these. What voltage does it take?

Bronx19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, can you mount this unit with your LED pendant mounting arms?

HiddenUser

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The BRS website says these are compatible with Radion XR30's which I've only seen pictures of being mounted length wise. Are you able to use this fixture somehow with Radion XR30s mounted width wise?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The BRS website says these are compatible with Radion XR30's which I've only seen pictures of being mounted length wise. Are you able to use this fixture somehow with Radion XR30s mounted width wise?
Not with the current setup. Any day now they are supposed to be releasing a "widening kit" that may allow it. I haven't seen the final dimensions on the setup yet.

Zack@BRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ This is exactly correct. There are a few new accessories in the works, from what I hear, that should make these even more flexible.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back